Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

IncrediMail problems

Regular Visitor

IncrediMail problems

Hi!

I've used IncrediMail & Comcast for over 15 years, but recently I've been having major issues that even IncrediMail's VIP Support can't figure out! 

I'm running Windows 8.1 & IncrediMail 2.0

Incoming Server--mail.comcast.net.....POP3...Port 995, (requires SSL)

Outgoing Server--smtp.comcast.net....SMTP...Port 587, (NO SSL)

I've UNchecked the box, "leave a copy of email on server", so when the emails are received in my inbox, they're supposed to be removed from the server, (I enjoy as much Privacy as I can get!)

I use Windows Defender for Anti-virus & also Windows Firewall & everything is UP-TO-DATE.

I have used these settings since the beginning, but in the past 6-8 months there have been multiple

problems.  I've worked with IncrediMail's VIP Support for over 6 weeks, trying everything they suggested: Uninstalling & re-installing IncrediMail, starting in "Safe-Mode"; changing different settings in IncrediMail, sending them a "HiJack This" type of report, checking Windows Firewall to make sure that something wasn't being "accidentally" blocked, etc., & I did ALL of these at least 3 times.  I also ran Malwarebytes & CCleaner scans several times & the following problems still exist:

1. I continually get this Error Message:

"One or more messages could not be received from the server.  For assistance, please contact     

your ISP.  Socket Error (0) The Operation completed successfully"  I click "OK" to get rid of the

error message box, then I see "OPERATION INCOMPLETE" in the IM window, (where the date

is seen).  I've been trying to get email all morning, as a friend told me he sent me something, & I

haven't been able to download ANY messages, & I have 6 email accounts!

2.  I receive as many as 12 copies of the same email; sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it's

over the course of the day...example:  I get an email, read it, delete it, then later, I get the

same messaage with the same time indicated as the first one; then I read & delete it again, & the

next time I get messages, there it is again!  This will continue to happen all day long!  It seems

like the server never gives IncrediMail the messages at all; like it's still going to keep a copy, even

though I indicated that I do NOT want a copy left on the server!

I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am, especially when I haven't changed ANY settings on my PC that could cause these problems.  Combine that, with 6 weeks of working with IncrediMail's VIP Support tech, endless procedures & scans & I'm ready to pull my hair out!

Why is this happening & what else can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

BeakGeek

Admin1

Re: IncrediMail problems

Hi BeakGeek,

I'm having a higher level tech support team take a look at this. They will contact you with an update. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation