Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Incoming email font color

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Incoming email font color

I occasionally receive incoming emails that display a white font on a white background; hence, it looks like there is no message. The problem is limited to a couple individuals. Is there any way to solve this issue or change the font color on emails already in my inbox?

My work around has been to click the forward button and change the font color in the forwarded email.

Accepted Solution

Re: Incoming email font color

As a test, try looking at the email using a different browser.  Does the same thing happen?

View answer in context
Email Expert

I don't think there is any way to do what you want in the webmail.  The font color is a function of how it was sent.  I don't think I've ever encountered such a situation before.  Why does the sender use white font and a white background?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I don't think the senders are intentionally using a white font and a white background. I will get both white font and black font emails from the same individuals. Emails just seem to randomly show up with white fonts on a white background. When I asked one of the senders, he didn't know what I was talking about; said he sent it with black font and has not had any other complaints about his emails. 

The other odd thing is that only the message is in white font; if they have an auto signature, it will be in a black font.

Email Expert

As a test, try looking at the email using a different browser.  Does the same thing happen?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the idea! I think you identified my problem. I usually view my email in Chrome, so I closed down Comcast and opened it in IE. In IE, the emails looked fine - black font on the white background. Went back to Chrome and opened up Comcast and email. This time the email font color was black. I'm guessing I just need to close and reopen Comcast/email to correct the problem.

Email Expert

Actually, try just clearing cache/browsing history in Chrome.  That will probably do it.  You shouldn't have to keep signing in and out just to see the font.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation