Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Importing old email

Regular Visitor

Importing old email

I have an older computer system windows XP 2003 and have always used Outlook Express for email.  I would like to start using Comcast for my email but cant find information on how to make it my default email and how I can import my old Outlook address book and if I will be able to import my folders under Outlook Express.  Does anyone know how to do this or can you tell me where on the comcast homepage I go for information and details on switching the email?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Importing old email

coffeeloverxx wrote:

I have an older computer system windows XP 2003 and have always used Outlook Express for email.  I would like to start using Comcast for my email but cant find information on how to make it my default email and how I can import my old Outlook address book and if I will be able to import my folders under Outlook Express.  Does anyone know how to do this or can you tell me where on the comcast homepage I go for information and details on switching the email?

Go into your Outlook settings and uncheck the box to make it your default for email.

In Outlook, click on File, then click on Import/ Export.  Click on Export to eNOTE:xport the contacts as a CSV file.  Save that file on your desktop do you can locate it easily.

Now open Xfinity Connect and click on the address book.  There, click on IMPORT.  Browse to the CSV file you saved and import it into the Xfinity  Address Book.

NOTE: I would stop using Outlook 2003 completely.  It has not been supported by Microsoft since 2014.  That means no security updates or ant other updates.

If you want to use a different email program other than Xfinity Zconnectvfor, I advise installing Windows Live Mail, Gmail, or Thunderbird.  All are free.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

Re: Importing old email

Thank you so much. Will try it out today. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation