Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Import email folders and address book

Frequent Visitor

Import email folders and address book

I have two computers, a Windows pc and a Chromebox.  My Xfinity email account is on the Chromebox.  I want to import content in my current Hotmail(pc) folders to my Xfinity (Chromebox) account.  The Hotmail account will remain intact.  For new email to Hotmail I want to keep one copy in Hotmail and send a second copy to Xfinity Contact. The Windows setup app from Hotmail is exe and will not run on the Chromebox.

I would like to keep the Chromebox because I am an individual user and have too many security issues with Windows 7 Pro that is optimized for business managers.  I need to keep the pc because I  run some customized maths programs(exe) that cannot be duplicated on other OSs.  I want to keep the Hotmail account because I will  lose too many email contacts if I only send them a notice.   I plan to change my contacts one-by-one as we exchange emails.  That is, I hope to slowly leave Windows, but the exe programs are holding me back.  Putting my Xfinity email account on the pc would be going in the undesired direction.  Finally, I have a ~$244 monthly payment account with Comcast, and I like it; therefore, I am integrating everything into my Comcast acccount.

What options do I have? 

Email Expert

Re: Import email folders and address book

I'm not clear on just what your situation is.  What do you mean when you say your Comcast email account is "on the Chromebox"?  I'm assuming you mean you access the webmail UI on a Chromebook laptop?  Is that right?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Import email folders and address book

"I'm assuming you mean you access the webmail UI on a Chromebook laptop?  Is that right?"

Yes, that is right; however,  I am using a desktop, not a laptop.  My Chromebox is Acer CXI-i34GKM.

I can access my Comcast webmail; however, the content of my Hotmail folders does not import.  The names of the Hotmail folders do import, but nothing is inside the folders.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation