Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I was sent a document in word and in PDFin an emai that i am unable to open see below......

Visitor

I was sent a document in word and in PDFin an emai that i am unable to open see below......

I was sent an email with two attachmnents.. One was sent in word and the other a PDF..... I am unable to opening them on my PC... I am able to download and open them on my IPAD...

I want to make corrections on my computer of this document.. Suggestions of how to open... If they came from an apple computer would that make the difference?  When I could open on one of them on my computer it was jibberish.....

Silver Problem Solver

Re: I was sent a document in word and in PDFin an emai that i am unable to open see below......

You will not be able to make any changes to a PDF document.

You should be able to see and edit a Word .doc. Do you have Microsoft word? You can also use free programs like Open Office. Coming from a Mac should not matter.

Customer Expert

Re: I was sent a document in word and in PDFin an emai that i am unable to open see below......

What is the file extension on the Word document? .doc or .docx

If you right-click its icon, what application options do you get for opening it? If you open Word and then try to open the Word file, does that work?

Generally when I send Word files from my Mac to Windows folks, they can open it, but there are sometimes version problems if someone creates a file in a newer version. Unless I need newer features, I usually save as .doc for Word 97-2004 for compatibility.

If you have the right tools, you can edit the PDF, but generally you should use the app used to create it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Visitor

i was sent a docx

Silver Problem Solver

.docx can be opened with a newer version of Word, or the free Open Office.

Service Expert

OpenOffice

Foxit [PDF] Reader - free

[I've used this for years.  You can do a lot with this version, including filling out forms.]

Adobe PDF Reader - free

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats

I have absolutely no experience with this so I can't offer any advice about it.  I don't know if you need Word 2007, 2010, or 2013 in order to use this.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation