Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I need to change the amount of emails in my trash folder

New Poster

I need to change the amount of emails in my trash folder

I am losing emails that are put into trash. I used to have emails in trash set to, "keep till deleted". My trash folder is emptying too soon. How do I expand the setting on keeping trash?

Email Expert

Re: I need to change the amount of emails in my trash folder

The longest you can keep anything in the Trash folder in the webmail is 30 days, if you are still in the old email format.  In the new one I think it's 7 days.  If you are still in the old format, keep in mind that at some point you will be migrated to the new one.  The best way to get around this is to enable the account in a desktop email client like Thunderbird or Outlook.  Those settings will override the ones in the webmail, and you can set the Trash folder for longer periods.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Latoque, could the OP, under the My Folder folders,  make his/her own personal folder for Additional Trash that would remain until he/she wishes to delete those items?

ciao, bj

Email Expert

BlueJay wrote:

Latoque, could the OP, under the My Folder folders,  make his/her own personal folder for Additional Trash that would remain until he/she wishes to delete those items?

ciao, bj

Of course.  You are always able to create local folders to hold any emails you like.  However, you can't use the Delete command to send an email to a local folder.  It will only send them to Trash.  You would have to move it there same as any other message.  The Delete function cannot be modified by the user.  The Trash folder was never designed or intended to be used for routine archiving purposes.  If the OP has messages he/she might want to re-open later on, they need to be moved to local folders.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation