Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to recieve a conformation email that an email sent was received by the addresse?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

How to recieve a conformation email that an email sent was received by the addresse?

Does Comcast allow the sender of an email to receive and conformation the the addresse recieved and read the email?

DVFD

Accepted Solution

Re: How to recieve a conformation email that an email sent was received by the addresse?

"Delivery" and "Read" receipts are only sent if both the sending and the receiving user's email software supports them (most webmail systems don't), and typically only if the recipient grants permission to send them (many users, like me, never do).

Comcast's older "Zimbra" webmail ("web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/...") does not support either type of receipt request. The new "Appsuite" webmail ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") supports "Read" receipts, but not "Delivery" receipts.

Given these limitations, you're probably better off including some version of "Please reply so I know you got this" with the message you send.

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Re: How to recieve a conformation email that an email sent was received by the addresse?

"Delivery" and "Read" receipts are only sent if both the sending and the receiving user's email software supports them (most webmail systems don't), and typically only if the recipient grants permission to send them (many users, like me, never do).

Comcast's older "Zimbra" webmail ("web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/...") does not support either type of receipt request. The new "Appsuite" webmail ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") supports "Read" receipts, but not "Delivery" receipts.

Given these limitations, you're probably better off including some version of "Please reply so I know you got this" with the message you send.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response Now I know. Might be a good topic for all users, not just those that ask a question. I do not use the FAQ's very much and I am probably in the majority. Just a thought. Any way thanks DVFD935

Gold Problem Solver

dvfd935 wrote: ... Might be a good topic for all users, not just those that ask a question. ...

Not sure what you mean here -- could you add a bit more detail?

Regular Visitor

You ansewered my question about confirming that an email sent, was recieved, by the person it was sent to. Thanks

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation