Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to access email with new comcast homepage??

Frequent Visitor

How to access email with new comcast homepage??

I am beyond not happy with this new homepage for comcast.  Where are the links for logging in (had to go through contact us to do that), or for checking payments and charges on our account, or...the biggest issue right now...how to check email?  There used to be links for checking email, logging in, checking news, finding movie times in our area, etc on the left side.  Now....they're gone.  We can't do any of that anymore.  If we want to log in to come here we have to go tot he bottom of the page, click contact us, THEN log in, then, if we're lucky we can then check our account information, but still not email.  At least after logging in at contact us there's a link at the top for email....BUT...it just takes you to the homepage that has no link.  It doesn't take you to email like it says it does.  I NEED to be able to access my email for school and now I can't because Comcast decided to take away all accessibility to everything that everyone uses.  How do I check my email now???  The image below is what I have for the new comcast homepage (not my browser homepage btw, that has nothing to do with it), and you can see tons of wasted space and no icons for anything that's needed by anyone.  Also, it's not possible to reach anyone by chat (it never connects), and when I called in, no one had a clue what I was talking about.

comcast ss where's email.JPG

Service Expert

Re: How to access email with new comcast homepage??

I am using Windows 8.1 with Firefox 43.0.4 and this is what I see on the homepage:

xfinity home page.JPG

What browser and OS are you using?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Wow, yours is very different from mine.  Wonder if it's regional?  Guessing the regional thing based on the weather shown in your screenshot.  I've got windows 7 and use Chrome 48.0.2564.97.  I hate Firefox and IE cause they both are super heavy and run very slowly.

Service Expert

This is what I get with Chrome v. 48.0.2564.97 m

xfinity home page chrome.JPG

Are you scrolled up all of the way?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Looks like my new comcast homepage using firefox, When i click those 3 little bars top left and click email nothing happens  what BS

Email Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Again wrote:

This is what I get with Chrome v. 48.0.2564.97 m

xfinity home page chrome.JPG

Are you scrolled up all of the way?

Yes, I'm scrolled up all the way and it doesn't matter what method I take to get to this page either, but mine does not look like yours.  Why can't we even at least get to our email from the other pages?  All they do is send us to this page that gives nothing.  It's total BS and I'm in trouble with school because I can't check my email.  I even have the same page (only with lots of text and pictures overlapping as well) on my Android tablet.  Not that I could ever check my email with that becuse it's setup so horribly I can't find anything or do anything right with the messages (that's before this screwup causing no email anymore at all whatsoever).  I have to say...I miss the old days when things actually worked and were useable.

Frequent Visitor

Well I'm looking at the page source information that has all the coding for the homepage and looking for the email link, thinking maybe I can get there that way.  Well.....that link goes to voice mail, not email.  Though I think I finally found out how to get to email and our account pages, BUT it's a royal pain in the rear that is completely unnecessary.  We should be able to get to them from the homepage like we've always been able to.

Step 1: go to https://login.comcast.net/login?s=wnamp&ts=0596f5ba to login.

Then to go Accounts, go to https://customer.xfinity.com/Overview/?CMP=ILC:MA:GNV:SUB:COM:BP:INT56128531b25b0

Then click check email from there.  Though I favorited that link too which is https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail#1.

It's rediculous that we have to go through and pick apart their page to acces the stuff that we need that everyone uses.  Considering you can't get to any of those pages on the actual homepage because the stuff doesn't showis just rediculous...and who names their website code polaris-hamburger anyway?  Just further proof they had a little kid who doesn't care about anything write their site code.

I may just have to hook up my old computer to access my email again with Outlook Express so I can avoid this mess altogether AND use a decent email pogram at the same time.

Frequent Visitor

Scarlytt wrote:

Well I'm looking at the page source information that has all the coding for the homepage and looking for the email link, thinking maybe I can get there that way.  Well.....that link goes to voice mail, not email.  Though I think I finally found out how to get to email and our account pages, BUT it's a royal pain in the rear that is completely unnecessary.  We should be able to get to them from the homepage like we've always been able to.

Step 1: go to https://login.comcast.net/login?s=wnamp&ts=0596f5ba to login.

Then to go Accounts, go to https://customer.xfinity.com/Overview/?CMP=ILC:MA:GNV:SUB:COM:BP:INT56128531b25b0

Then click check email from there.  Though I favorited that link too which is https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail#1.

It's rediculous that we have to go through and pick apart their page to acces the stuff that we need that everyone uses.  Considering you can't get to any of those pages on the actual homepage because the stuff doesn't showis just rediculous...and who names their website code polaris-hamburger anyway?  Just further proof they had a little kid who doesn't care about anything write their site code.

I may just have to hook up my old computer to access my email again with Outlook Express so I can avoid this mess altogether AND use a decent email pogram at the same time.

Oops, the Step 1 to login link should be http://customer.xfinity.com/Public/Login.aspx not what I put in above.  Had to log out to test it.

Service Expert

If you were using Outlook Express before, would it be possible for you to use Windows Live Mail now?

I'm glad you bookmarked the link for email.  I was going to suggest going to m.comcast.net/m and log in to email there.  You bypass the whole homepage that way.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

It turns out that actually that bookmarking of the links didn't completely work as well as I wanted.  All I can do is get there by going to the customer account page that I bookmarked and then clicking check email there....at least until that gets changed like everything else.  I was using Outlook Express on my old computer with Win XP.  Windows Live Mail does not exist on my Win7 machine, and I have yet to find any program that has the sorting abilities that Outlook Express has that I can be happy with, so I'm stuck with accessing my email online.  I just wish Comcast didn't make it so bloody difficult to do the simplest things that everyone needs to do.  That mobile site does not allow me to access my email in a way that I can manage it at all or access my other folders.  That's also one reason I can't use my tablet to check my mail.  I just really don't understand why there needs to be so much wasted space on the homepage that's devoid of the links that everyone uses.  That site is such a waste and not user friendly in the slightest.  It needs to be fixed.  But then companies don't ever pay attention to the customer anymore.  Whatever happened to "the customer is always right?"  Customer service has even become an oxymoron.  It should be customer self-service now.

Regular Visitor

You people at comcast are so hypocritical, You remove my post saying something about being political but when i log into my email account you have plastered there a picture of hillary clinton, saying im with her add my name. Now thats political, I find her OFFENSIVE so if you could remove that add from the email login id appreciate it. And replace it with something useful for the people here using comcast internet

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

deadcell....you DO realize that this is NOT the thread for your tirade as it has nothing to do with the subject.  Also, no one at Comcast reads these things, so directing your rediculous anger at them in this location does absolutely no good whatsoever.  Besides....do you really assume that every single web site you go to that has any political ads are going to take them down simply because you don't like them and expect everyone in the world to coddle you?  Make sure you post in appriopriate locations, as this is NOT one for your topic.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation