Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do change contacts from one group to another for emailing purposes

New Poster

How do change contacts from one group to another for emailing purposes

Hi,  Can anyone tell me how to move a contact from one group to another in my address book.  I saw the move option but it only allows me to click on move to "address book" or "collected addresses".  It does not give me the option to move a contact into a different group.

Why is it that once I know how to do something, someone with control changes the method?  I cannot seem to be able to drag the address as it implies in the tutorial.  

I thank anyone who is willing and able to help a confused, befuddled, harrassed and frustrated person just be able to do what was possible for them just a bit ago.

Email Expert

Re: How do change contacts from one group to another for emailing purposes

I have three Comcast accounts at the moment.  The one I use for my forum work here is on the new format, but for the moment at least, the other two are still on the old format.  I can still sign into the Plaxo website (they provide the address book software in the old format).  Hopefully, this will work for you-----------------

Sign into the Plaxo website using your Comcast user ID and password, and if you can get into your address book there, you should be able to do the moves you want------------------

https://www.plaxo.com/auth?secure=1

If you can't sign into Plaxo, then for now, the only alternative is to open the group you want and enter the contact manually or try using a different browser. This is a known glitch and is being worked on.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation