Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do I get older emails to show up in my sent and received folders?

New Poster

How do I get older emails to show up in my sent and received folders?

I am trying to find an old email that I know I did not delete. It would be in my sent folder and also the response would have been in my received folder. For some reason both folders only go back so far. Especially my sent folder. Why can't I see all my emails and how do I find an old one?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: How do I get older emails to show up in my sent and received folders?

First, check your EMAIL DELETION SCHEDULE to see how many days each Folder is set to when it AUTOMATICALLY deletes all email from each folder.

To do:

Open your Inbox and click on PREFERENCES.  Next, click on EMAIL.  A new window opens showing all of your email settings.  Scroll down until you get to the EMAIL DELETION SCHEDULE.  Open it and look at the number of days each folder is currently set to.  While there, make any changes you wish to make and save the changes.

ALSO:  In your email settings, go to READ messages.  See how that is set up.

Next step:

RIGHT CLICK. On the Trash Folder.  In the drop down, click on RECOVER DELETED MESSAGES.  A new window opens showing the most recent deleted emails.  Look through the list for the emails you want.  IF you find any, highlight them, then click on the small arrow on the top left side of the window.  

A NEW window opens which allows you to move the highlighted emails back to your Inbox.

Good luck.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation