Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How? Webmail Link on Google Favorites Bar

Regular Contributor

How? Webmail Link on Google Favorites Bar

I mean where it is plain to see and click on when I launch Google--such as in Internet Explorer where you can put a Favorite on the "Favorites Toolbar" (instead of buried in the IE. Favorites List).  

I have searched and searched and cannot find an answer for this--all due to the words in my search, instead I gets a lots of results that are not what I want to do. But I cannot figure out how to word this precisely, enough.

I hope someone understands what I mean and can give me an answer.

Email Expert

Re: How? Webmail Link on Google Favorites Bar

Assuming you are referring to the Bookmarks bar in Chrome, drag and drop the URL from the address bar to any blank area in the Bookmarks bar.  Or you can drag and drop it into any folder you have on the Bookmarks bar.  You can also use Cntrl-D and then select where you want to put it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Latoque:  Thanks for your answer, but I do not understand.  Maybe, I did not explain my question well enough. I have Webmail loaded and displayed in Google Chrome (address bar area).  Obviously, the page address is in the Google address bar area.  I want to make this available and easy to see on the area right beneath the address area  (there is only a very thin "bar" here), every time  I launch Google Chrome.  How do I put the Webmail link/shortcut right into this thin area?

For instance,  do I highlight it first --then copy and past it into some small blank area here?  (I already have it as a favorite--but it is buried in "other folders" in the list of Other Bookmarks.  I want it to be convenient and easy to see and easy to access with a click. 

Regular Contributor

Latoque-Need More Help Webmail link/shortcut on Google Chrome Small area under Address Bar area

Can you, please read my recent reply to your reply.  Somehow, my original post about this was marked as "Solved" by someone, before I even read your reply.  (I am noticing this alot--I am assuning this is some kind of Forum glitch and/or mistake--I am seeing lots of very weird Forum actions, especially, recently).

Gold Problem Solver

edron wrote: ... in Google Chrome ... How do I put the Webmail link/shortcut right into this thin area? ...

In Settings, under Appearance, check the "Always show the bookmarks bar" box. Then drag or copy-and-paste the links you want to the Bookmarks bar.

Problem Solver

BruceW wrote:

edron wrote: ... in Google Chrome ... How do I put the Webmail link/shortcut right into this thin area? ...

In Settings, under Appearance, check the "Always show the bookmarks bar" box. Then drag or copy-and-paste the links you want to the Bookmarks bar.

Also, if I may add on to BruceW's post, under settings, select the Bookmarks Manage {shown in image} , find your bookmark where ever it's located, drag it to the Bookmarks Bar, and then move it to the top of the list..  

chrome settings.png

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

Thank you: Latoque, BruceW, and BJ.  I finally understood how to get the Webmail link/shortcut on the thin area under the address bar.

BJ:  I appreciate very much the screenshot.  I have read your reply and of course, simultaneously, studied your screenshot, several times.  I am not sure what you mean (not your fault--more my own ignorance; even though I very much want to learn how to use Google a lot more effectively than I have, so far).  Can you tell me more about your suggestion and how this would make my experience with Google browser better.  Currently I have a gazillion websites bookedmarked--but all out of obvious view--because I have added these (over time)--in "Other Folders" and subfolders within subfolders.  Yes, they're "organized" but at the cost of my having to look at my very long list of subfolders within subfolders, etc.  I have created my own "organized" but highly inconvenient nightmare monster.  I have learned Google--just by the seat of my pants.  BJ, it seems like your suggestion is meant to possible make a lot of things about Google a lot more convenient--that is why I would appreciate your describing a bit more in detail.

******************************************************************************************************************

[BJ--on a side note--WHY do you suppose our very lively and very interesting thread (including me, you, WTP, barbi123 about the picture/images "placeholders" subject/topic was suddenly LOCKED, out of the blue--WHY and WHO???  Who had the authority to do that--and WHY?  I did come close to PMing you and the others--HOWEVER, I  think it is far better to keep things in the public view, as much as possible.  For the overall health of The Forums].  

Problem Solver

Edron:  You're welcome.  You realize that that screenshot was not a current view of that dropdown box.  I was too lazy to snip another one.  Smiley Wink    I realize that my reply was not too clear, that happens when I try to economize on words.  Let's see if I can do better.  Smiley Happy

When you click those 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen, and mouse over the Bookmarks area, a huge screen opens, Show bookmarks should be checked, and right under that is Bookmark manager.   When you select Bookmark manager, the screen that opens has the actual layout of the Bookmarks, with Folders on the left area, and Organize on the right.

New & current image shows the Bookmarks bar {left side} and the contents of that folder {right side}.   If you'll notice the actual Bookmarks bar content is how I have my Bookmarks bar set up.   This is where I do my actual positioning of my bookmarks.

From the list on the right I drag the item up or down.  {click and hold, while moving the mouse} .   

Under the Bookmarks bar, is Other bookmarks.   You said you had your Webmail bookmark in there somewhere {?} .   Open the Other bookmarks folder , locate the "Xfinity Connect Inbox" bookmark and "drag it to the Bookmarks bar folder".   From the right side list to the left side folder.      The bookmark should now be the Last item in the Bookmarks bar folder, just click, hold and move it up to where you want it placed on you bookmark bar.

I know this is probably convoluted and EXTREMELY WORDY,  and there's an easier way to do this, but hope you understand it and hope it helps.  An image will follow..

side note answered---  Yes it was an interesting thread, and I was amazed at the "out of the blue" Lockdown.  Have no clue and apparently the locker felt the discussion was inappropriate.  I have since seen a number of those "placeholders" , so the issue is not closed, but will remain unanswered with no rhyme or reason given.  "shrug"  This attitude is what is making me participate less and less here.  

ciao, bj

Bookmark manager 6~7~17.PNG

Regular Contributor

BJ: Thank you so much, for all your extra efforts--detailed explanation and fabulous screenshot.  I will read, re-read and study this.  As a result, I am certain that because of you, I will become a lot more skilled at the Google Chrome browser.  I had to begin using the Google browser a while ago because of all the various Comcast/Xfinity "re-designs" of multiple platforms of  their User Interfaces. For instance, on my desktop computer (as thousands of other Forum participants have posted, replied, re-posted--ad infinitum) the Comcast/Xfinity UI's, applications, programs, etc. consume endless resources, endlesslessly--this, of course, causes computers to freeze, time-out, etc. 

About the "other subjects" you and I have in common--I too have lost the desire of participating as much on these Forums.  Over time, I have noticed that there seems to be biases against certain Forum participants--those tend to be those who post the truth, as opposed to those who just glance over very obvious--and very lengthy on-going problems caused onto Customers, in general--as well as Forum participants.

It "appears" that one of the taboo Forum topics is about the forever problem of the "placeholders" blocking images, screenshots, pictures.  That is a dirty shame, since these are so very helpful, instructive, and useful.  It is hard to know that any and all topics, subjects, threads about this are, somehow, rudely and inexplcably locked or moved to some unknown/unknowable location.--there is never an explanation of why it was locked and no identity of who locked and/or moved.    For instance, the screenshots you included to help me--I definitely needed or I would never understand what to do.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation