Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Help - Some of my emails are being blocked

New Poster

Help - Some of my emails are being blocked

Suddenly yesterday I got a complaint from someone I had been corresponding with that they were getting errors when trying to email me.  I seem to be able to send just find, and I receive emails from some addresses and not from others.  I tried chat numerous times, but no one came up.  My call to tech support ended up with me being told someone from 2nd level support would contact me.  The non-native english speaker was a little difficult to understand and she didn't seem to grasp basic trouble-shooting.

This is terrible as I am in the middle of a job search and my comcast address is and has been my only email address.  I created a Gmail acount and get the same repsonse.  However friends from other Gmail address can get through.

Here is the error:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

XXXXX (my address)@comcast.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain comcast.net by mx1.comcast.net. [2001:558:fe16:1b::15].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 Not our Customer

Can anyone help?

Does anyone know of an email address I can use to contact Comcast/Xfinity support?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation