Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HTML Content removed from body of email

Frequent Visitor

HTML Content removed from body of email

For seven years, four days per week, I have been doing the following as part of my job.  I send three emails per day to one of the 20 employees I supervise.  All these employees receive these emails via their personal email addresses. The content of the emails are copied from an MS Word document and pasted into the body of the email.  The content includes 2-3 small sized jpeg pictures, text and tables from Excel files.  I have sent these emails from booth Outlook 2007 and the Comcast WEB based email. I have never had any problems.  Beginning January 14, 2015 most all of the recipients reported that all of the pictures had been changed to attachments and the Excel charts were unreadable.  As I need these emails to be received exactly as  I send them, I informed Comcast I would have to cancel my service if this issue was not fixed.  Without going into the gruesome details of the horrible Tech Support Service I received (11 different techs and four levels of service including security), after 6 days Comcast has informed me they have tried everything and are unable to fix the issue.  I now discover that in the city I live in the only alternative to Comcast is Fairpoint, a company with a horrible reputation.  Any ideas.

Email Expert

Re: HTML Content removed from body of email

I have to ask-----------From the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>>Composing>>>>>>Compose Emails.  Is the option to compose as HTML checked, or the one for Plain Text?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes sir. That was one of the first things I verified.

Email Expert

Some things to try if only to eliminate them-----------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox.

If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. All of that was tried.  Three different browsers and two different computers. I believe it is Comcast security software that has somehow tagged my email as some type of spam and is removing the html content.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation