Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Google header on Comcast web page

Frequent Visitor

Google header on Comcast web page

My question concerns the Comcast home page.  The Google bar at the top seems to lock in place when I sroll down the page.  This is very annoying as it takes up almost 2 inches of screen space.  I don't even use Google - I use Bing instead.  How can I get this header to unlock when I scroll down.  I use Firefox, but it happens in Internet Explorer and MS Edge, too.  It happens on my laptop and also on my desktop.  I'm using Windows 10.  There must be some way to disable this feature.  If someone could help it would be much appreciated.

Polish and proud.....

Email Expert

Re: Google header on Comcast web page

Actually, if you  want to use the Xfinity homepage, you're stuck with it.  The homepage is not customizable beyond changing your location.  You might want to consider using another homepage.  There are a lot of good ones out there that offer at least some customizing ability.  I like My Yahoo and My MSN.  I would think the latter would suit you ideally since you use Bing.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I guess I'll just live with it.. I use the page primarily to check my email, but every so often I need to look at something down lower on the page.  It's just annoying to loose that much screen space when I didn't ask for the feature.  Thanks much.....cliff k

Service Expert

I use Firefox, but also checked with IE11 [don't use Chrome, Safari or Edge], so this applies to them.

In the white space around the Google search box, right click.  In the popup box click on Inspect Element.  The Google search bar will be highlighted.  It will say "header is_home has_links".  Right click on that and then click on Delete Node.  That will remove the Google search bar FOR THAT SESSION ONLY.  If you leave the page, the search bar will again appear and you will need to repeat the action.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for the tip!  I had actually gotten as far as inspecting the element, but it never occured to me to right click on it.  I appreciate your time & interest - thanks again for the tip.......cliff k

Service Expert

You're quite welcome!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation