Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Good emails are caught in Xfinity spam filter

New Poster

Good emails are caught in Xfinity spam filter

Lately, the spam filter for Xfinity email only has my good emails in it. All of the obvious and not obvious spam goes straight through and land on my computer in Outlook Express (which easily catches them.) I have had emails from my brother trying to arrange having dinner together in a spam filter (not a business email, his private one.) I am a member of the local PBS station and want its emails but Xfinity blocks them. Meanwhile, the ones that neither Outlook nor Xfinity can see a defined email address for have gone right through.

I have added the good email addresses to my online address book. I have marked them as 'not spam'. I have moved them to the Inbox. Still, I get good emails blocked over and over.

While in the webmail window, I mark the spam emails as spam. They go into the spam folder then. But, of course, the spam is endless.

Is there anything else I can do other than check Xfinity's website daily? I would much prefer to handle my emails on my smartphone and in Outlook Express. And, when I travel overseas, getting access to webmail is not always possible and who knows what critically important emails may be trapped in Xfinity's spam filter?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Good emails are caught in Xfinity spam filter

lkklose wrote: ... I would much prefer to handle my emails on my smartphone and in Outlook Express. ...

You can do that by visiting https://betapf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/email and clearing the "Enable spam filter of my account" checkbox under "Spam Filtering". Then all mail will be delivered to your Inbox.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation