Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Gmail problem n Tablet

Regular Visitor

Gmail problem n Tablet

All email appears addressed to XFINITY home, though all is addressed to gmail account. This is on the IPad. Same applies for sent mail. I compose and send from Gmail, but appears in Sent mail folder as sent from XFINITY home. I did not set up any mail forwarding. I deleted all XFINITY apps from tablet. See if this helps...

Regular Visitor

Re: Gmail problem on Tablet

Replying to myself, as I fixed myself. Tech support ( Philappeans  -poor English) wanted to delete my Comcast email and ID and create a new one. This "solution" was not acceptable to me. I can completely deleted all XFINITY apps from my IPad Air, and the problem persisted. After hours of checking every setting everywhere, I again clicked on the To part of a gmail that displayed as to XFINITY home. Finally, this XFINITY Home appeared as an icon in my contacts, with the gmail address listed as Other email! I never added such a contact. Immediately edited this, and added the edited information to existing contacts, and finally, finally the problem went away! All Gmail Inbox messages correctly display as To my name. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation