Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Getting a cableCARD for a Ceton infinitv tuner

Frequent Visitor

Getting a cableCARD for a Ceton infinitv tuner

I'm getting rid of my TV, which has gotten too old (pre-digital) to be useful.  I wanted to route my cable service through my computer instead, as I live in a small apartment.  I had already ordered a Ceton infinitv 4 USB tuner, and had begun setting it up for use under Mythbuntu Linux.  When I called the 866 number to order the card, George, the rep I spoke to, explained to me that this was the first time he had ever handled a call like this, and he put me on hold to find out how best to handle the call.  I had no real chance to explain to him about the tuner I would be using.  To my surprise, he switched me over to Tivo!  Not being sure what exactly was going on, I ended the call at that point.

To make my situation clear, I want to replace my set-top box with a Ceton infinitv 4 USB OCUR digital tuner, using a cableCARD.  I have had cable CARD service before, and it filled my needs quite nicely.  However, this unexpected matter of being switched to Tivo has left me confused and somewhat frustrated.  How can I get this problem taken care of?  Many thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Getting a cableCARD for a Ceton infinitv tuner

The card is the same for Tivo or Ceton.

You can pick up a cablecard SIK at your local Comcast office.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation