Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Forward Email to Cell Phone?

Frequent Visitor

Forward Email to Cell Phone?

Hello and help, please (if possible):

I would like to forward 1 specific email message (not all of my email messages) to my cell phone (it includes an attachment, which is a photo).  Does anyone know if this is possible?  Thanks in advance.

Scott-tay

Service Expert

Re: Forward Email to Cell Phone?

Scott-tay wrote:

Hello and help, please (if possible):

I would like to forward 1 specific email message (not all of my email messages) to my cell phone (it includes an attachment, which is a photo).  Does anyone know if this is possible?  Thanks in advance.

Scott-tay

Sure..... add any email app to your smartphone.... then FWD that email to the email account you added to the smartphone.... you can do this as a one time deal, or keep it just for these types of occasions... I have 5 email accounts on my phone for my various endeavors....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

geek46;

Thanks much for your response; however, I probably should have been a little more precise regarding my cell phone.  I do not have a smartphone, I only use a tracphone which has a limited amount of capabilities.  However, I am able to send and receive text messages and photos, but do not think there is the capability for an email app, etc.  

Anyway, thanks much for taking the time to answer my question; I certainly appreciate your time and response!

Email Expert

You don't forward an email to a device.  You forward it to an email account.  If you can sign in to the account on the phone you should be able to see the email in question.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Latoque,

Thanks so much for your response.  I appreciate all the help I can get!

Scott-tay

Email Expert

OK the little bit of research I've done on Tracphones seems to indicate that they are strictly capable of only voice calling.  I don't see any way to access the internet with them, or even use texting.  Maybe someone else that has one can jump in and clarify that for you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Latoque wrote: ... seems to indicate that they are strictly capable of only voice calling. ...

Depends. There are 3 types of Tracfones. Some are voice calling only, some are semi-smart "feature phones" (like my LG 840G), and some are full Android smartphones.

Scott-tay: Which Tracfone model do you have? You should be able to find an overview for at at http://www.tracfone.com/models/phoneModels.jsp

Frequent Visitor

BruceW

Thanks for the link.  The correct model is: LG 800G (I don't believe it's capable of what I was attempting.)  

As a side note, perhaps I wasn't as clearas I should have been.  I have an email with a photo attached.  I've downloaded the photo, but was attemtping to send the photo to the Tracfone and couldn't figure it out.  I thought perhaps sending the complete email with the attachment would work better; however, I think it's probably best if I just forgo the attempt to send to my phone, and simply print the photo.  

Thanks much to everyone who took the time to respond.  I sincerely appreciate all of your time and efforts! 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Forward Email to Cell Phone - SUCCESS!!!

geek, Latoque and BruceW:

I had a brainstorm (doesn't happen often).  Anyway, just wanted to share in case the question should ever come up again.

In looking at some of my old email messages (from 2 years ago), I found where I had INDEED sent a photo to my Tracfone!

I sent it to:  my cell phone number plus the following after it:     @mms.att.net

SUCCESS!! - I couldn't have done it without all of your suggestions!  Thanks again.

Email Expert

Good deal.  So you sent it from where----------your computer or another phone or what?  You sent it using an email program?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I sent it from my home computer, using my Comcast email address.  I forwarded it to my cell phone number followed by the extension:   @mms.att.net 

My phone was turned on and I heard the lovely sound of a message being received!!!  When I retrieved the message, I was able to save the picture to my photo gallery.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation