Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Folders in Comcast Email

Contributor

Folders in Comcast Email

When I set-up a new folder in Comcast Email, how do I then move it into my list of folders in alpha order.  I was told in a chat to "right click on the new folder and there's an option for you to sort the EMAIL".  But It's not an email that I want to sort, it's a folder!!  And if there were that option when I right click how would I then put it in alpha order?

Email Expert

Re: Folders in Comcast Email

When you create a folder in Comcast email, it should automatically appear in alphabetical order.  That is the default behavior.  Is that not happening?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks for your advice!

No!  It ends up at the bottom of all the other folders.  And I don't see how I can move it into alpabetical order within the rest of my folders.

Email Expert

From my experience, when you create new local folders, there are two ways I know of to change their display order. They should appear alphabetically automatically when you create them, but if they don't for some reason, after you have created them right click on each one, select "Rename" and re-enter the name. That should put them in the correct sequence.

Another is to use numerical order if you don't want them alphabetical. Put a number as the first character in each folder name and they will display in that sequence-- ie: 1--2--3--4-- and so on. 

It's a little trick I picked up playing around with my old Yahoo account, which responds the same way. I suspect other webmail programs use it too but I haven't tried it with any others.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Now I'm having another problem:  When I try to move an email to a folder, instead of giving me a list of ALL of my folders, only the first several appear (from A to .  Is this something that you've seen before?  Or am I creating new issues?

Sorry to bother you again but these 2 issues are driving me mad!

Email Expert

I'm assuming you are referring to the Move window that appears when you click on the folder icon in the toolbar (new format)?  If so try scrolling up and down to see if more of the folders become visible.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Your assumption is correct!  I tried your suggestion.  Doing the scrolling up and down several more folders did appear (magic)!  However there are many more that did not.

So I waited a few hours, then days to try it again.  But no luck.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation