Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

FYI - new SSL certificate on smtp.comcast.net

Official Employee

FYI - new SSL certificate on smtp.comcast.net

Folks,

We installed a new SSL certificate for smtp.comcast.net today.  

It's possible that Eudora users may need to manually allow the updated certificate.  No other email clients should be affected.

The last time this came up, this was the thread with hints:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/ATTENTION-Updated-SSL-certificate-for-smtp-comcast-n...

The external page with hints that we linked to, is gone.

I found an online copy of the Eudora manual which should help.

http://fossies.org/windows/mail/eudora/Eudora_71_User_Manual.pdf

To resolve the issue, you must first generate the error, and then from page 31 of the manual:

To display the most current information for an SSL connection between a server and Eudora since the last time you started Eudora, click Last SSL info.

The Eudora SSL Connection Information Manager window appears with SLL and certificate information.

CAUTION: If you display the SSL information windows, make certain you don’t change any of the field information unless you are familiar with SSL.

NOTE: If you get an error messages that states SSL Negotiation failed, click Last SLL Info and then click Certificate Information Manager. If you see a certificate with a skull image to left of it, that means the certificate is not trusted. To make it trusted, click Add to Trusted. This will add the non-trusted certificate to the trusted list.

NOTE: On the first SSL negotiation for an email account, Eudora will report if a certificate is not trusted. If the user agrees to trust the certificate, Eudora will add the certificate to the trusted list."

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation