Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error message after getting emails in IncrediMail

Frequent Visitor

Error message after getting emails in IncrediMail

Hi!

My ongoing issues with IncrediMail continue, so I'm back with another problem.  Smiley Sad

I'm STILL getting multiple copies of almost every message I receive, (sometimes as many as 15!), but after receiving email this evening I got a weird "error message"(?) in the message box which is in the "Details" explanation for why one or more messages could not be received.

Here is the mysterious "error":

9m86EazFsqiro95zFhPdyBw987qBl76aqXxZIWI4xbCP

I'm running Windows 8.1 & using IncrediMail 2.0, a combination that worked flawlessly until about 6 months or so ago.  I've had several IncrediMail techs investigate the many problems, but after several frustrating courses of their usual ways to fix problems, I finally had to give up...after rebooting, installing/uninstalling multiple times, without success, my patience ran out.

Comcast was contacted several times, both by phone & email, but in every instance I was told that "Comcast doesn't support IncrediMail", so no one could help me.

If anyone has any idea how I can get things to run smoothly again, PLEASE let me know...at this point, I'll try just about any reasonable suggestion, as IncrediMail, (Gold & Premium Memberships...in other words, it's a "paid-for" application that I've been using for almost 16 years), is a wonderful email program & I really don't want to have to throw in the towel.  There's no other program out there like it, (although if you know of one with the same great features, please let me know).   My sanity's at stake now, as getting 15 copies of the same email for almost every email I receive is grating on my last nerve! 

If you need any other info, just ask.  I'd love to get things working like they used to, but if I can't get these problems resolved, I'll be forced to go back to using a boring email program again.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Nuts4 

"Qui tacet consentit"
He who is silent gives consent
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Error message after getting emails in IncrediMail

Do you have Incredimail set to REMOVE copies of emails from the server after downloading to Incredimail?  Sometimes a corrupt email will cause the email to re-load to the Comcast server, and then will forward it on to Incredimail again.

Or- Have you gone into your XfinityvConnect EmailnSettings ( Inbox>Preferences tab> Email icon) Then scrolled down to EmailForwarding , click there to see how it is set up?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

Hi CCCarole!

Thanks for the response! 

I checked the settings in my Xfinity Email Preferences, as you suggested, & I think everything's configured correctly.  I have the following settings:

For "POP Settings in other Apps"- I have "DELETE" selected, (although the dark radio button doesn't appear here)

"When using POP to access your Comcast email from third-party applications, you can choose what happens to messages once retrieved from the mail server. By default, we will leave the message in your Inbox. Changing this setting will allow your application to tell the server what to do.

Keep Delete

For "Email Forwarding" - I selected "ENABLE" & I entered one of my @comcast.net addresses

"Email forwarding allows you to automatically send all of your incoming email messages to a different email address. You can choose to forward your email to any address, and change the address at any time. If you want to keep a copy of your forwarded messages in your Comcast inbox, be sure to select "Save a copy of forwarded emails."

Enable email forwarding
Forward all emails to:
Save a copy of forwarded emails.

Also, I left the "save a copy of forwarded emails" UN-checked.  In IncrediMail itself, I also UN-checked the box for: "Leave a copy of messages on server", as there's no need for Comcast to ever keep them anyway.

These are the same settings that were functioning perfectly for over 15 years, then about 6-9 months ago problems started cropping up.  IncrediMail hasn't had any program updates/upgrades for at least 5 years, (probably more like 8 years), so I can only wonder if maybe either Microsoft or Comcast had some sort of update that affected the way IncrediMail interacts with them, but since none of the 3 major players in this know anything about how the other 2 work, (& they also don't want to help me find a workaround or a fix for this mess...believe me, I've asked ALL 3 of them for help!), I'm stuck with this very frustrating situation. 

If I misunderstood your suggestions, or if you have something else I can try, just post again.  I noticed there were several,  "Recommendations", relating to IncrediMail listed below your reply, so I'm going to read them as well, as I'd really like to get things back to normal.  If I can't resolve things soon, I'll just have to give up.  After all these months of seemingly, endless attempts as I worked with several IncrediMail techs trying to get things functioning again, (but none of their plans worked), & then having the other players, (Microsoft & Comcast), tell me they, "don't support IncrediMail", so they don't know how IncrediMail works, blah blah blah,  I'll just have to cut my losses.

Anyway, sorry for blabbing on & on.....I just miss having everything working in harmony.

Thanks again for your input, & if I missed something, or if you think of something else, please post again.

It's nice to know I'm not completely alone in this. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Nuts4

"Qui tacet consentit"
Frequent Visitor

OOPS.....sorry CCCarole....I forgot to ask you if you know what the weird, (& extremely long), "Error Message" meant?  I posted when I started this thread, but you did't translate it for me in your response.

Thanks!

Nuts4

"Qui tacet consentit"
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation