Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Embedded Tabs And Extra Spaces Dropped In Text

New Poster

Embedded Tabs And Extra Spaces Dropped In Text

1. When I copy text with embedded tabs or xxtra spaces between words from a TXT file into the

TextBox of the Email using clipboard, the Email converts all tabs into single space and removes

all extra spaces between words into one single space between words messing up my formatting of

text in the message to be sent. Have to manually clean up the formatting to match the text in the

original TXT file when I use ComCast Email. This problem does not occur when I use

OutLook. ComCast Email should NOT remove embedded tabs or xxtra spaces between words.

This problem needs to be fixed in ComCast Email.

2. I can insert tab characters in the Email TextBox of OutLook. I cannot do it in ComCast Email.

When a cursor is in the TextBox of the Email, it should allow one to insert tabs in the TextBox.

Instead, it treats tab keys to jump out of the TextBox and go to the next object in the EMail form.

When a cursor is NOT in the TextBox, then tab keys can be used to jump to the next Object in the

EMail form. Outlook works this way.

Please respond on this issue ASAP. Thnak U very much. God bless. Mike.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation