Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Emails not downloading properly into Outlook and entire Inbox shows unread

New Poster

Emails not downloading properly into Outlook and entire Inbox shows unread

I use Outlook 2010 for my e-mails.  Everything was working fine last night.  This morning only 12 emails downloaded for today in my Outlook Inbox, but when I check in Xfinity there are 80 emails so far today.

In Outlook, many emails are missing from previous days, and ALL of my messages in the entire Inbox are marked as "Unread".

From 12/01/17 and earlier, many of my emails are duplicated.  My Inbox now shows over 18,000 unread emails!!!!

I have double checked my email settings, shut down Outlook, rebooted my computer several times, and still cannot retrieve my messages for today. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Emails not downloading properly into Outlook and entire Inbox shows unread

As of last night, none of my emails have come over to my apple mail. I have not changed anything, and the Comcast reps say I need to call Apple. This is not a Mac problem...this is due to whatever Xfinity did overnite. Any Mac users out there having this problem? I can see my emails on the Xfinity site, but want them to import over to my Apple Mail client.

Email Expert

nolegal wrote:

As of last night, none of my emails have come over to my apple mail. I have not changed anything, and the Comcast reps say I need to call Apple. This is not a Mac problem...this is due to whatever Xfinity did overnite. Any Mac users out there having this problem? I can see my emails on the Xfinity site, but want them to import over to my Apple Mail client.

Quit Mail entirely and then open it back up again.  If that doesn't do it, delete the Comcast account from Mail and re-create it again from scratch.  See if that sorts it out.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Latoque wrote:

nolegal wrote:

Quit Mail entirely and then open it back up again.  If that doesn't do it, delete the Comcast account from Mail and re-create it again from scratch.  See if that sorts it out.

Do you mean to delete the Comcast from my Apple mail, or Xfinity mail?

Email Expert

Delete the Comcast account from your Mac Mail app.  Then set it back up again.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

So today when I turned on my computer and opened Outlook, all of my emails for today showed up.  But since that time (11AM), I have not received ANY emails and that was 7 hours ago.  

Frequent Visitor

nolegal wrote:

Latoque wrote:

nolegal wrote:

Do you mean to delete the Comcast from my Apple mail, or Xfinity mail?

I think I figured it out. When the update from Xfinity happened, I was still logged into Xfinity. Logged off of Xfinity, then logged back in...emails started coming over. However, after they came over, all of my old apple comcast mail disappeared. I went to apple comcast inbox and hit "rebuild" (under mailbox tab). It took a while, but they were all restored. Had to do this for all apple comcast sent mail, as well. Fingers crossed, hoping everything is now working properly.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation