Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Emails not arriving to Comcast.net accounts

New Poster

Emails not arriving to Comcast.net accounts

Hi there!  mIn addition to being an Xfinity customer, I am also a Comcast Business customer through my work.  We are a public library that is sending hundreds of overdue notices a day via a third-party vendor (yes, or SPF records are all set correctly to allow this securely).

Since Saturday, there have been periods during which my vendor who sends these messages is receiving bouncebacks from Comcast email servers.  They are 550 errors, and they all indicate that the "User is Unknown", or the "User doesn't exist"...some varying error text but the theme is the same throughout. This includes messages bound for my own comcast.net account, so I know that's certainly a valid address!

A lot of these addresses have received messages in the past. We know they are valid.  It seems to indicate that there is some issue between Comcasts gateway servers and their mailbox servers.  Anyone else noticing this?  We've been able to send once since then, but since we send two batches a day, we've seen that some batches go out fine. Others get bouncebacks from every comcast-bound notice we send out.

Is something going on in the Comcast world?  We have no issues sending to other mail domains at all.  THANKS!

Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: Emails not arriving to Comcast.net accounts

Could you send me a private message with the full bounce message?  I suspect this is not a problem on your end, but I want to look at the bounce to be certain (and don't want you to publicly publish the email addresses involved)

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation