Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Emails from regular senders have been going to Comcast Spam folder.

ANSWERED
Contributor

Emails from regular senders have been going to Comcast Spam folder.

I have had repetitive problems with not receiving emails. Or receiving them minutes to hours later than the time sent, if received at all. I now seem to be receiving regular emails - from regular senders - in my Spam folder. Not all the time - not predictible. Today I received 3 emails in Spam from same mailer - my Home Owner's Association - whose mail normally is rec'd promptly. What is reason for this and is there a "fix"? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Emails from regular senders have been going to Comcast Spam folder.

I used Chat to reach Support - Level 1. Could not help me. Escalated by phone to Level 2 - same result. Escalated to Tier 3 - checked settings - Spam -  made a couple of changes (note - I had not made any selections, ever, to Spam mail settings) and the problem disappeared. Apparently the fix worked. All of above on June 6, 2017. Case closed. Thank you.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Just keep marking them as Not Spam when they get to the Spam folder.  Also, you could call Comcast security and see if there is a blocking issue with that sender's domain-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you Latoque. Comcast support persons have been very cordial, but unable to assist with the email delivery to me. This is an ongoing problem with varied degrees of delivery failure - of which the delivery to spam folder is but one. I have even sent a Private Message to ComcastMax - but have not received a reply.

Contributor

I used Chat to reach Support - Level 1. Could not help me. Escalated by phone to Level 2 - same result. Escalated to Tier 3 - checked settings - Spam -  made a couple of changes (note - I had not made any selections, ever, to Spam mail settings) and the problem disappeared. Apparently the fix worked. All of above on June 6, 2017. Case closed. Thank you.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Glad to hear the problem has been fixed for some, however, it continues for me.  This has been a persistant yet inconsistant problem for years now (specific regular, non-spam addresses being sent to the spam folder - but not always).  What I would like to know is: when I mark emails that show up in the spam folder as "Not Spam", why can't those specific addresses be whitelisted for my inbox from that point on?  This does not seem like rocket science to me.

Tags (2)
Contributor

CBChase - I suggest that you attempt to directly call Tier 3 (Level 3) Repair 1-888-824-8988 - and request that they check your email settings. They may require a case # before speaking with you - hopefully you can convince them to assist. If not try Level 2 1-855-484-1453 to get assistance, which they probably won't be able to give you, in which case you ask to be escalated to Level/Tier 3 - with a case # beginning with CR. Worst scenario you will need to call Level 1 (India) in order to be escalated to Level 2. I agree, you would think that the system was smart enough to memorize the Not Spam notices that you are sending. But apparently Engineering (Programmers) have not had time to figure that out. Comcast is the Largest, hence the problems are more difficult to get corrected. Good Luck.

Email Expert

LCBChase wrote:

Glad to hear the problem has been fixed for some, however, it continues for me.  This has been a persistant yet inconsistant problem for years now (specific regular, non-spam addresses being sent to the spam folder - but not always).  What I would like to know is: when I mark emails that show up in the spam folder as "Not Spam", why can't those specific addresses be whitelisted for my inbox from that point on?  This does not seem like rocket science to me.

Comcast does not have a whitelist function per se.  When you mark something as Not Spam, it usually takes some time to help "train" the filters.  The system is largely user-input driven after the usual known spam lists.  The more people who mark an email or domain as spam, the more likely it will wind up in the spam folder.  But it doesn't affect only your account.  It can affect anyone.  I am on a mailing list for a well known non-profit organization, but lately, their emails to me have all been going to the Spam folder, and I keep marking them as not spam.  In time I hope it gets sorted out.  You should find this of interest-----------------

https://askleo.com/what_happens_when_i_mark_something_as_spam/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=Ja6LBKrzt3dfbL

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation