Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Emails from iPhone are not being sent

New Poster

Emails from iPhone are not being sent

Ever since I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9 (yes, the previous version) I am not able to send emails from my iPhone.

All the settings are correct on the phone as far as I can tell. I receive messages normally.

When I send an email from the phone it appears on the Comcast server in the sent folder as sent , but it never gets delivered. If I forward this email from the server, then it gets delivered (also this forwarded message is visible in the Sent folder of the phone).

I have tried to recreate the account on the phone several times, I also have Hotmail and Yahoo accounts and both work fine, it only happens with Comcast mail.

Thanks!

Email Expert

Re: Emails from iPhone are not being sent

In iOS, you need to set the password in two places------for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing smtp server. Did you do that? If not, to change it for the smtp server;

go to "Settings" on the home screen, then scroll down to" Mail, Contacts, Calendars", click on the account, and then on the next screen tap the "account" again. Scroll down to "SMTP" and tap that. Then tap "smtp.comcast.net". On the next screen you will see the password. Change it and then tap "Done" in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did reset the SMTP password many times (and recreated the account on thephone at least a couple of times).

The results is always the same, the outgoing emails make it from the phone to the server right away (I can see them within seconds in the Xfinity Mail sent folder), but they never get delivered. It is like the phone syncs the Sent folder with the server but nothing actually is being delivered.

So, updating the password as suggested is not resolving the issue. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Email Expert

Is it only one recipient that's not getting the emails, or everybody you send to?  Have you tried sending yourself an email at some other, non-Comcast account you have like Yahoo or Gmail or something?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation