Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Emails from Neopets STILL BOUNCING

Frequent Visitor

Emails from Neopets STILL BOUNCING

Third time the charm I hope. . . Would like to add that if this is not resolved by the end of the month, I will NOT be paying the email portion of our bill. The email is not working correctly and I refuse to pay for something that isn't working.

I need to send account recovery emails from Neopets to my Comcast account. The emails bounce and never arrive. I am also trying the ticket system on their site, but it's one ticket per account so it would be a whole lot easier if Comcast would just stop blocking the emails.

Please do not put the blame on Neopets - every other provider accepts these emails, it's YOUR policy that blocks them.

Email Expert

Re: Emails from Neopets STILL BOUNCING

First, Comcast does not bill separately for the email and there is no way to break it out of the bill.  Their position has always been that what you are paying for is the HSI connection.  All the other stuff like email, calendar and address book are "extras".  Since this is a persistent issue, have you considered just using another email account you have to avoid this with Neopet?  Do you have an account like Yahoo, Outlook.com or Gmail?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Then I won't pay any part of it. Happy now?

Also, please try to show some sense. They are recovery emails, like I said in my opening post, which means I do not have access to the account. If I do not have access, how exactly do you propose I try a different email?

This issue has been ongoing for years, a simple google search I conducted a few weeks back showed older topics about this same issue, but Comcast never lifts a finger about it. They, like I said, blame Neopets.

I do know other emails work as I have tried them in the past, and I also sucessfully had one come through my gmail email a few weeks back. The issue is I can't change it, and as I have spent money on the account in question, very unhappy with Comcast's filtering system or whatever it is that makes Comcast think Neopets emails aren't real emails. Comcast does let in Neopets' newletters though. . . crazy since that it the true spam.

Email Expert

I meant have you thought about just giving Neopets some other address from a different email provider?  

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

yayayeya wrote:

Then I won't pay any part of it. Happy now?

Also, please try to show some sense. They are recovery emails, like I said in my opening post, which means I do not have access to the account. If I do not have access, how exactly do you propose I try a different email?

This issue has been ongoing for years, a simple google search I conducted a few weeks back showed older topics about this same issue, but Comcast never lifts a finger about it. They, like I said, blame Neopets.

I do know other emails work as I have tried them in the past, and I also sucessfully had one come through my gmail email a few weeks back. The issue is I can't change it, and as I have spent money on the account in question, very unhappy with Comcast's filtering system or whatever it is that makes Comcast think Neopets emails aren't real emails. Comcast does let in Neopets' newletters though. . . crazy since that it the true spam.

Feel free to not pay any of your bill.  You will accrue late charges and the account will be turned over to collections, which in turn will affect your credit score.  Of course, you can dispute it, but it's doubtful you would win.

Yes, this is an ongoing problem.  I will escalate this to the Team available to the forums.  I would say, however, that even if this is fixed temporarily, it's doubtful it will remain fixed,especially given the history of the number of times Comcast has blocked mail from Neopets.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Wow, what a "help" forum. Such a snide reply, Again. So much for being a customer just like us. . . Smh.

I think it's ridiculous Comcast can't figure out how to make an exception to these auto emails. Every other provider does. No issue should persist 4+ years. . . just laziness on Comcast's part to fix the issue.

Will I even know when the issue has been fixed, temporarily or otherwise? I have to manually click to have the recovery emails sent.

Latoque: these are auto emails. I can only change the email if I have access. I know, for a fact already, that other emails work. I had to create a new account in order to send in a ticket regarding the locked account. That activation email originally came to Comcast, but bounced. Since I did have access to that new one, I was able to change it to a gmail one and received the activation with the gmail email.

The support emails, on the other hand, do not bounce which is why I sent in a ticket. They're very slow however and I also have to send in one ticket per account - and prove I'm the account holder, which isn't always easy. Smiley Sad

Comcast simply has this thing where it sees the auto email address sending out these recovery and activation emails as invalid and thus doesn't let it come in. Kind of Big Brother that way.

Regular Visitor

I had this happen to me about a year ago and a Comcast tech over the phone was successful in unblocking the support@neopets.com E-mails and I was getting them as they came.

But just this year it's happening again. Neopets had a problem and I sent a ticket to get my account reinstated and I have not heard one thing from them. Then I go to the internet to research this and see tons of people saying Comcast is blocking them. I know it's true because one time when I did get back into my neopets account, on Neopets.com there were around 16 messages saying E-mail bounced!

So, I know this CAN be unblocked and also need it unblocked. It's been over 6 months that Neopets has been trying to contact me and they don't trust it's really me when I use another E-mail account, which is a privacy/security practice. Do you really want to write an account with another E-mail and them trusting you and handing over access to your account when it could be someone pretending to be you?

Last week when I contacted chat support they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, I told them Comcast fixed it about a year ago, and still nothing, yet here it is on their forums from the past several years (others having the same problem) and elsewhere on the internet.

Can you please fix this? By the way, this is my primary account but it's a secondary account that I am having trouble with, if some tech is willing to help me I can PM the correct E-mail address.

Official Employee

ComputerJunkie wrote:

I had this happen to me about a year ago and a Comcast tech over the phone was successful in unblocking the support@neopets.com E-mails and I was getting them as they came.

But just this year it's happening again. Neopets had a problem and I sent a ticket to get my account reinstated and I have not heard one thing from them. Then I go to the internet to research this and see tons of people saying Comcast is blocking them. I know it's true because one time when I did get back into my neopets account, on Neopets.com there were around 16 messages saying E-mail bounced!

So, I know this CAN be unblocked and also need it unblocked. It's been over 6 months that Neopets has been trying to contact me and they don't trust it's really me when I use another E-mail account, which is a privacy/security practice. Do you really want to write an account with another E-mail and them trusting you and handing over access to your account when it could be someone pretending to be you?

Last week when I contacted chat support they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, I told them Comcast fixed it about a year ago, and still nothing, yet here it is on their forums from the past several years (others having the same problem) and elsewhere on the internet.

Can you please fix this? By the way, this is my primary account but it's a secondary account that I am having trouble with, if some tech is willing to help me I can PM the correct E-mail address.

ComputerJunkie and yayayea-

We are NOT blocking neopets om purpose, by domainname, or by IP. Really.

There are a number of technical problems with how they're sending. This is not quite as simple to fix as we'd like. Believe me, it it was easy, we would have worked around it already.  We know you want their email, and we want to be able to accept it for you.

We've reached out to neopets several times over the past few years -

. via support ticket (I setup a neopets account for myself and opened a ticket)  They never looked at it.

. via email (many times over the past couple of years)  They simply never get back to us.  We have no idea if they even look at our emails.  

. via phone - we've tried in the past, no one gets back to us.  I'll try again after their office opens at 9am.  

. via facebook - this morning, I tried a last-ditch effort to contact them, via their FB page and by sending a private message to someone who may work there.

If either of you (or any other neopets.com customers that are comcast subscribers) can PLEASE open a support ticket with neopets, maybe it will help get their attention this time.

Hope this helps,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

yayayeya wrote:

Wow, what a "help" forum. Such a snide reply, Again. So much for being a customer just like us. . . Smh.

I think it's ridiculous Comcast can't figure out how to make an exception to these auto emails. Every other provider does. No issue should persist 4+ years. . . just laziness on Comcast's part to fix the issue.

Will I even know when the issue has been fixed, temporarily or otherwise? I have to manually click to have the recovery emails sent.

Latoque: these are auto emails. I can only change the email if I have access. I know, for a fact already, that other emails work. I had to create a new account in order to send in a ticket regarding the locked account. That activation email originally came to Comcast, but bounced. Since I did have access to that new one, I was able to change it to a gmail one and received the activation with the gmail email.

The support emails, on the other hand, do not bounce which is why I sent in a ticket. They're very slow however and I also have to send in one ticket per account - and prove I'm the account holder, which isn't always easy. Smiley Sad

Comcast simply has this thing where it sees the auto email address sending out these recovery and activation emails as invalid and thus doesn't let it come in. Kind of Big Brother that way.

ComputerJunkie and yayayea-

We are NOT blocking neopets om purpose, by domainname, or by IP. Really.

There are a number of technical problems with how they're sending. This is not quite as simple to fix as we'd like. Believe me, it it was easy, we would have worked around it already. We know you want their email, and we want to be able to accept it for you.

We've reached out to neopets several times over the past few years -

. via support ticket (I setup a neopets account for myself and opened a ticket) They never looked at it.
. via email (many times over the past couple of years) They simply never get back to us. We have no idea if they even look at our emails.
. via phone - we've tried in the past, no one gets back to us. I'll try again after their office opens at 9am.
. via facebook - this morning, I tried a last-ditch effort to contact them, via their FB page and by sending a private message to someone who may work there.

If either of you (or any other neopets.com customers that are comcast subscribers) can PLEASE open a support ticket with neopets, maybe it will help get their attention this time.

Hope this helps,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi Dave,

I see what you are saying and I did just what you said and opened a support ticket and hope they will listen. I will definitely keep you updated if I hear back from them.

Frequent Visitor

If you had read my posts, you would have noticed I mentioned I already sent a ticket - mentioned it more than once, in fact.

And while you're not doing it "on purpose", you are the ONLY one with this problem! Why would a business - because that is what Neopets is - look into this, spend who knows what kind of money, when YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE ISSUE?!

They'd even be risking all the other email providers starting to have this issue if they did change something on their end. It does not make business sense for them to do anything about this since only a select group - aka Comcast users - have this issue.

ALL of Comcast's users, however, have this issue if they play on Neopets. Customers have lodged numerous complaints regarding the way your system views the incoming mail. Makes it your problem, not theirs.

Basically, like I said in my first post, please do not put this off onto Neopets. . .

Regular Visitor

OY!

Hi yayayeya,

I must admit I am a bit confused by your reply. I decided to come here to research this issue and when I saw your post, I added my 2-cents in SUPPORT to you-actually US (as in ALL of us). WHERE do you come up with the fact that I am the only one or think I am the only one?!?!?! Did I not post it on a thread of someone else having the same problem and did I not state that this issue can be found all over the internet?

#1 The start of this page said third time is a charm-I did not read the tons of boards and posts everywhere-as I said I was trying to side with you and come together about this issue.

#2 You clearly show you do not understand what is going on and not very computer literate because you state up above you would not be paying your E-mail part of the bill when the Comcast tech is right, it's strictly for the service of connecting to the internet/world wide web and everything else is extra. There are separate E-mail servers and programs out there. There are calendars out there, and suites and so on.

#3 It is clearly NOT totally Comcast's fault. Comcast can allow them through but it takes manual work to do that and like you said it's ALL of the Neopets/Comcast users so that's a LOT of manual work.

#4 It IS Neopets fault that their DNS is not set up correctly!!! Although I am not a programmer, I have studied Web Design and dabbled in making e-commerce websites and so on, and a computer only knows what you tell it. Do you even know what DNS is? It's just like if you call someone on the phone. Well, if you dial 1-800-555-5555 and want Shark Barn but you dial it and somehow the Dough Bucket answers, who are you going to blame? Either the Shark Barn gave you the wrong number or the phone company somehow routed you elsewhere. So you have to get to the bottom of it.

I for one appreciate that Dave responded to my post and so quickly and directly with the information I needed to understand the problem. Some sites try their best to ignore people, like, but not limited to, Neopets.

Neopets website is riddled with glitches and it started about 3 years after they started and it has been one problem to another since then. This E-mail issue was not a problem when they first started.

The reason I am here and why should one care? Because if Neopets doesn't fix this problem, then there is no reason I should continue renewing my subscription with them for $69.95/year like many others have vowed, as well. If I pay for a Pogo membership, I expect it to work. If I pay for membership at TechRepublic, I expect it to work and so on. So Neopets better care because they will lose a ton of revenue if they don't fix it and will go under.

And I even said Comcast opened it up for me once and there were 16, 10 of which, that had been blocked that came through, finally.

And I am not sure why you are debating with me and I am not sure why I am answering your debate, but here it is. Please make sure you know what you are talking about if you want to debate. I am done with this trivia and only dealing with Dave/Comcast and attempting to contact Neopets.com.

Email Expert

Thread closed.  This isn't going anywhere productive.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation