Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Emails disappearing

New Poster

Emails disappearing

I have spent numerous hours on the phone with the Comcast "Tech" people and have not recived a resolution to my problem , my next contact with be the CEO while he is on the squash field. My emails disappear from the server within 15 minutes of arriving to the server. I also do not get email on my IPhone. I purchased a new phone a week ago, my old IPhone accepted email with no problem. Comcast said it was Apple's fault, well Apple gave me a new phone and the problem still exists AND I get emails on my IPad. It is a Comcast problem and they do not know how to solve it. I do not want to have to change my emails address, as it is a big deal. Why should I have to put up with all this frustration, when Comcast just tells me "WE ARE SO SORRY FOR YOUR TROUBLES". I searched other forums and notice that this problem has been around since 2012, why has Comcast not solved it. One of the tech people told me that Comast does not put effort into the email part of their business, than why have email service, if you do not service it.

Any help out there?

Email Expert

Re: Emails disappearing

Is the iPad set to keep copies on the server after downloading?  Are you using POP3 on it?  If you have the iPad, and the phone set up using IMAP you shouldn't have this issue.  iOS now detects Comcast accounts as IMAP compliant by default when you set up the account on those devices.

Try deleting the account from both devices, and then re-create them using the same credentials.  See if they don't both set up as IMAP.  Once that is done you should be good to go.  I have an iPhone 4s and I've not had the problem you describe.  I also have the account set up on an iMac and a Dell laptop running Windows 8.1.

If you are not already familiar with IMAP, here are the settings you need------------------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation