Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Emails deleting

Regular Visitor

Emails deleting

Hello, My emails get deleted if older then 9 days or so. This problem started about 5 months ago. I do not use outlook, I use only comcast.net, My preferences are set to NEVER, my iphone is set to NEVER, I do not use any other devices nor have I had any changes in the last 5 months that's this started happening. I have been in contact with Comcast almost daily for 2 MONTHS!!!!! They have created over 9 tickets, I have spoken to literally hundreds of people being transferred from person to person explaining the same problems and getting asked the same questions only to create a ticket that ALWAYS gets closed without a phone call about it. They have signed in remotely with my password and tried to figure it out. Countless supervisors have told me they would personally contact me back. I have threatened to disconnect my Buisness and Personal accounts, doesn't faze them. If I cant retrieve my deleted emails, fine! At least stop them from continuing to delete, they can't even figure that out for me. Please help, because Comcast clearly cannot!!!!!

Email Expert

Re: Emails deleting

Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection, or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong, if you haven't already done so. In your case, I would also call Comcast security and have them look at your account to see if they can spot anything wrong------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

A suggestion until you get this sorted out-----------------consider setting the Comcast account to auto-forward to another email account you have with another provider like Yahoo, Gmail or something else.  Make sure you set it to leave a copy in the Comcast Inbox.  That way at least you'll have a copy of your emails in another account.  You could create a folder at the other account just for your incoming Comcast emails, and then set up a filter to direct the emails to that folder.  If you need to know how to auto-forward your account--------------------

Sign in to your account, and then click on My Account at the top of the page. It will ask you to sign in again. That will take you to a page with tabs at the top. The one to the right is "Users and Preferences". Click on that, and it will open a page with Basic and Email settings. Click on Email settings, and look down the page to Forwarding. Click on the greyed out button to the right to turn it on and then follow the prompts.

ETA:  In Gmail, you can actually set it up so that you can send using your Comcast email address too.  I have a secondary account set up in my Gmail.  Understand though that it really only works out for the Inbox folder.  Outlook.com has a similar feature.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation