Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Emails Not Getting Through

New Poster

Emails Not Getting Through

I'm getting some, but not all emails from my client.  They've asked me to have Comcast review to make sure you aren't blocking certain IP addresses.  

Below is a list of the IP addresses and reverse-DNS hostnames which send mail externally from the applications I need to receive. This is not a complete list for all PeopleFluent applications, but does include all of those served out of the ATL, LON, and RDC datacenters.

Datacenter

Hostname

IP

ATL

pc-mail.peopleclick.com

ATL

cm-mail.peopleclick.com

LON

pc-mail.peopleclick.eu.com

LON

cm-mail.peopleclick.eu.com

RDC

pc-mail.stag.peopleclick.com

RDC

cm-mail.stag.peopleclick.com

These are the IP addresses that we recommend whitelisting for SPAM filtering applications that support this feature. However, email recipients that have external email addresses may have SPAM prevention on their email accounts that prevents email from being sent from a domain that does not match the domain that is sending the email.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Emails Not Getting Through

I feel your pain, I've been dealing with this same issue for over a year, comcast requires you to fill out this form for each ip that you suspect being blocked. http://postmaster.comcast.net/block-removal-request.html

and then wait 24-48 hrs for them to respond. I've been unsuccessful dealing wih comcast with this stuff and they make it very difficult to understand how this all works and are completely not able to help if you try and call them. Comcast goes way over board on their automated email spam filtering system, yet does nothing about all the robo phone calls we receive .

unfortunately the only solution I've found is to not use Comcast for email , gmail has been working for me. It's a shame , Comcast please get ur act together.

gl

New Poster

Re: Emails Not Getting Through

Thanks for your reply, but I don't use my comcast email.  So now you've opened up other questions as I've already asked my ISP who handles my email address which isn't a comcast.net email.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation