Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Email

Frequent Visitor

Email

I have Office 365 and use Outlook as my mail program and recently started having problems sending and receiving emails. I called Comcast's tech department and was told that starting about a month ago they stopped supporting Outlook and said I should switch to their web based mail for my laptop and Xfinity connect for my Android device. I never received any notice that this change was going to take place, is this accurate information that I received?

Expert

Re: Email

The advice is valid.  Microsoft hasn't supported Outlook Express in years, and it is increasingly unstable.  Switch to either the webmail as suggested or use a different desktop client like Mozilla Thunderbird.  See here for more about OE----------------------

http://ask-leo.com/why_outlook_express_must_die.html

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I didn't word my question correctly. It wasn't that Microsoft Office didn't support Outlook but the fact that Comcast stopped supporting it.
Regular Visitor

Looking through some of my old, old emails from Xfinity regarding email ... I found them promoting their new web-based email around July 2016 (they may have promoted it earlier, but I didn't save all that many emails) with the subject:

New XFINITY email - You're invited to make the switch

Later on that year (Nov/Dec), a series of messages followed claiming the newer & much improved "Xfinity Connect email" is finally here. 

So, the transition occurred awhile ago, but I understand how you feel regarding what you're saying and what you mean -- once you get used to a way of doing things and then suddenly it doesn't work as before. Like your car not starting or running right = frustrating.