Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email

New Poster

Email

My email account will not work since June 26 2016?

Whats up with this

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email

Please describe the problem in more detail. What happens if you send a test email to yourself? Does it send? Do you receive it? Is the problem happening with their Xfinity Connect webmail, an email program, or an app on a mobile device?

If you are you getting any error messages please post them but remove any personal information first. The forums are public and it isn't safe to post personal information here, and it's against forum rules (see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/m-p/2618379#M1).

If you post an email address, remove the userID portion but leave the rest. For example, if the message contained the email address "bobsmith@example.net", you would edit that so it reads "********@example.net" before posting.

Check your "Email Safe List" setting under Preferences / Email / Email Safe List at https://betapf.connect.comcast.net/. This option sometimes gets turned on when it should be off. When it's on, only email from addresses you add to your Safe List will get through.

New Poster

No longer receiving email into my comcast Primary account in box since July 14th.  I have sent myself several test emails and nothing shows up in any of the email boxes under my account.

Things tried:

- I can still send email from my primary account.

- Reset password

- Checked Email Safe List, not enabled. 

- Checked filters

- Turned on Email Forwarding and that worked.  Emails are now showing up in an old AOL account, but still nothing in the comcast.net account.

- There are two other users accounts attached to my Primary Account and they still receive emails.

- Had a friend send an email with "Delivery Notification" requested and the response was:  "Delivery to these recipients or groups is complete, but no delivery notification was sent by the destination server:"

Any ideas? 

Thanks. 

Official Employee

Jay_Erick wrote:

No longer receiving email into my comcast Primary account in box since July 14th.  I have sent myself several test emails and nothing shows up in any of the email boxes under my account.

Things tried:

- I can still send email from my primary account.

- Reset password

- Checked Email Safe List, not enabled. 

- Checked filters

- Turned on Email Forwarding and that worked.  Emails are now showing up in an old AOL account, but still nothing in the comcast.net account.

- There are two other users accounts attached to my Primary Account and they still receive emails.

- Had a friend send an email with "Delivery Notification" requested and the response was:  "Delivery to these recipients or groups is complete, but no delivery notification was sent by the destination server:"

Any ideas? 

Thanks. 

It looks like you have a multitude of very unforgiving filters set up on your account set to discard your mail. 

You may want to review those filter settings. Instead of setting filters to Discard your mail, try setting them to move them to a folder of your choosing to see if your messages end up there.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Many thanks Brett!

At this point, I simply removed all of the filters and email is now flowing again.   I'll take your advice and redirect the junk mail vs deleting.  

Thanks again.    

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation