Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email

New Poster

Email

Question:

When I log into my account the greeting is Hi John. When I try to access my email it does come up but I noticed the greeting has changed to Hello Guest. Has my email and or account been compromised?

Thank you

Contributor

Re: Email

jpfaro wrote:

Question:

When I log into my account the greeting is Hi John. When I try to access my email it does come up but I noticed the greeting has changed to Hello Guest. Has my email and or account been compromised?

Thank you

Happening to me as well. This is not a new occurence for me but it has been several months since it has occurred. In the past it appeared to be a Comcast issue.

Email Expert

It happens to me once in a while too.  But it corrects itself within a few seconds and my correct name appears.  I'm also guessing it's a Comcast glitch, but try clearing out your browsing history, then close out the browser and re-open it in a fresh session.  See if that does it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Latoque wrote:

It happens to me once in a while too.  But it corrects itself within a few seconds and my correct name appears.  I'm also guessing it's a Comcast glitch, but try clearing out your browsing history, then close out the browser and re-open it in a fresh session.  See if that does it.

I already tried clearing browsing history that did not change the situation. However, I found that if I "signed in" rather than clicking on the email envelope in the upper right hand corner of the home page my name showed up but when email page opened it still said guest. Seems to confirm in my mind that it is a Comcast issue along with the fact that a couple of times even if I signed out I could still go directly to my email the next time.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation