Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email

ANSWERED
New Poster

Email

Can someone please tell me how to set up my email to receive an alert when my sent emails are read.  I cannot figure it out.

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Email

That is not possible with Xfinity Connect at all.  You can do it with other email programs...such as Windows Live Mail, Outlook,etc.

Do note that it is still up to the person receiving your email if they will allow a read receipt sent to you or not.  Many people choose to ignore it.

CC

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

That is not possible with Xfinity Connect at all.  You can do it with other email programs...such as Windows Live Mail, Outlook,etc.

Do note that it is still up to the person receiving your email if they will allow a read receipt sent to you or not.  Many people choose to ignore it.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Good Morning,  Thanks so much for your answer.  I knew something was wrong as I have set it up before with different my different email addresses.  It was bugging me that I couldn't figure it out.  Now I can quit worrying about it!  Have a great day

Gold Problem Solver

I am the same way with anything PC related, don't ever give up, have to know the WHY or WHY NOT!

Glad I could help.  

Cc

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: Email Problem with address book during compose

Hi CC

Simple question, when composing message, you go to address bar and type in a few letters, your address book used to anticipate who you were sending to and put up some names to choose from. That changed for some reason awhile ago, now have to go into the address book and select the name(s) then back to the message. After looking around I must be the only one who can't fix it. Seems you are the Yoda of e-mail problems, answers I hope you have.

Thank you

Baffeled in Buffalo

New Poster

Re: Email Problem with address book during compose sharvith@comcast.net

I can't get my email to list from recent to old.....top I want recent.  Bottom.  Old.

New Poster

I have not been able to access my e mails for quite some time. . I am not real knowledgeable on computers. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation