Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email trouble today?

New Poster

Email trouble today?

Looking for the latest on trouble getting email from comcast-dot-net...

New Poster

Re: Email trouble today?

I'm having trouble with email too.  In fact, it has not run smoothly (speed and email server failure...try later message) ever since new version that has "app" in its address.  Anyone else have the same problem?  Is there a link for the old version to use until they get bugs worked out?

Administrator
Administrator

Some customers are having issues with their XFINITY email service. We apologize & appreciate your patience while we work to fix. We will happily provide any updates as they come in.

**UPDATE 3:50 PM MST**

This issue should now be resolved. If you are continuing to experience problems please reach out to us. 

**UPDATE 12/01/16 8:24 AM MST:** I have confirmed that if you are still experiencing this issue that you can delete your cache and cookies and reload the email page, this should clear up any lingering issues. Thanks again for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Still having delays in getting email at 5pm cst. Sent test 1 2 and 3 emails to my email address having issues, only received Test 2.  Missing 1 and 3.  Did receive another missing email after 2+hr delay.  Very frustrated that I did not know there were problems all afternoon with Comcast internet, ...thought problem was on my end.  Kept getting server delay indications, changed my passwd when I could not get response.  Strongly suggest that they follow ITIL standards and post outage issues online and maintain incident current status so we, their customers are kept up to date with incident status!

New Poster

I have also been having trouble accessing my e-mail.  Situation was temporarily resolved for a couple of hours, but then recurred and I can no longer access my inbox.  Is there a reason this keeps happening?

New Poster

Yes, still having trouble as of 621 pm ET.  It seems to have started for me at about 2 pm ET.

New Poster

It worked for me this morning at about 11 AM CST.

It stopped working, then came up for a short time before 5 PM.

Unable to get to my e-mail account now (5:25 PM CST).

New Poster

The heading gets to 3 or 5 failures, then stops.  This is as of 5:30 PM CST.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation