Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email stopped downloading to Outlook

New Poster

Email stopped downloading to Outlook

I have several email accounts set up in Xfinity.  All of a sudden one of them stopped downloading to Outlook.  I made no changes, and the others download properly.  I tested the account in Outlook and it is set up properly.  The email for that account does download to  my phone and to my iPad - it just stopped downloading to Outlook.  Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Service Expert

Re: Email stopped downloading to Outlook

holz82 wrote:

I have several email accounts set up in Xfinity.  All of a sudden one of them stopped downloading to Outlook.  I made no changes, and the others download properly.  I tested the account in Outlook and it is set up properly.  The email for that account does download to  my phone and to my iPad - it just stopped downloading to Outlook.  Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Are either your phone or iPad deleting the messages from the server after downloading?  Have you checked your webmail to make sure the messages are still there?  Are you trying to download to Outlook before or after your phone and iPad?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Email stopped downloading to Outlook

No, my email is not deleted from the server when it is downloaded to Outlook. It is an imap account so it isn't deleted from the server until I delete it in Outlook and then "purge" the account.  Email is downloading to Outlook for my other 2 Xfinity email accounts that I have set up in Outlook.  And it was downloading to Outlook for the email account in question (forever) until about 3 days ago.

email is not deleted from the server when it downloads to my phone and iPad.

yes, the messages are on the server and on my phone and iPad.  Just not coming down to Outlook.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation