Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email: "Unable to save filters"

Frequent Visitor

Email: "Unable to save filters"

I added some additions to my email filter list and when I clicked on "save" a drop-down appeared that said "Unable to save filters."  Moreover, when I attempted to delete some duplications, my filter could not be save because "Filter cannot save empty boxes."  I could not delete those empty boxes.  Am I doing something wrong?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Email: "Unable to save filters"

Same problem here.  In Email Preferences / Email Filters / Edit Filter  if I try to make a change to an existing Filter and click Save, I get the message "Unable to save filters".

Any type of change to the filter will result in the same "Unable to save filters" message.

Email Expert

I have had similar problems myself.  The filters in Comcast email have long been known to be problematic.  If you can't get them to work right the only thing I can suggest is that you use an email client like Thunderbird, Outlook, Windows Mail or some other.  That way you set up your filters in the client and don't have to rely on the ones in the Comcast webmail.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Really...  these email filter issues "have long been known to be problematic", so the answer is to not use it?   How about Comcast fixing the defect?  Comcast customers actually do pay for this functionality.

Contributor

I agree completely  I'm someone who tries to avoid hyperbolic criticism, but simply allowing the filters to remain broken is absolutely pathetic, especially for the country's largest isp.  I really depend heavily on filtering abilities.  For reasons I won't bore others with, using my external mail client to do the job would be a big headache for me, not remotely a suitable solution.  Yet for months I can no longer add a filter.  It *says* "Filter Added", but the new filter doesn't work (and believe me, I know what I'm doing here). And if I try to change an existing filter -- even simply uncheck the "active" box, I get the "Filter Not Saved" error people are talking about in this thread.

Inexcusable.  I'm not even going to waste my time contacting CS, because when I've tried to talk to them about filters before, they are beyond ignorant on the subject.

Contributor

Please see my 5-27-15 post at

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/can-t-save-email-filters/td-p/2521770

Hope it helps someone.  Regardless, a fix to the broken filter system is WAAYY overdue.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation