Cannot receive email.  Error codes RL000002 and RFC822

Please help!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Email problems

ceceandron wrote:

Please help!

From http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php

RL000002 :: Mail to Comcast is queued and I see RL000002 in my email logs. What does this mean?

Comcast has instituted rate limiting on all inbound email traffic. This step was taken to protect our customers and our email system from unwanted spam and malicious attacks. Any systems affected by this rate limit will receive a 4xx message (temp-fail) during the SMTP transaction. This message is designed to instruct the sending server to try again at a later time to deliver its email.

Our rate limiting policy is based on sender reputation and volume metrics, provided by Cloudmark, regardless of the number of domains from that server.

New IP addresses that are expected to send significant amounts of email to Comcast subscribers should start by sending low volumes of mail, increasing as time goes on. As your IP sends more email, its limit will increase daily.

If the rate-limit is impacting your ability to deliver email, shortening your server's delivery retry interval should resolve the issue.

If you require additional assistance, please contact Customer Security Assurance (see below).

http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/contacts

Frequent Visitor

I do not send or receive a lot of email.  Why is this impacting me?  I went to Constant Guard as directed.  I thought this service had been transferred to another company.  Could not find a pace to past email problem.  Why isn't Comcast emailing all its customers warning of email problem???

Gold Problem Solver

CALL The Security Assurrance Department.

Customer Security Assurance Department

The Customer Security Assurance organization is here to help you have a safe and secure online experience. This dedicated group of security professionals responds to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected PCs (commonly referred to as "bots"), online fraud and other security issues.

Business Hours: 6:00am – 2:00am EST
7 days a week

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation