Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email on IPAD

Contributor

Email on IPAD

Getting email is no problem on my IPAD.  The problem is replying or sending.  If I dont change the email to the yahoo email no email will send.  It just sits in the outbox.

Email Expert

Re: Email on IPAD

What settings are you using for the Comcast account, for the incoming and outgoing servers?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

That same as they have always been incoming is mail.comcast.net and outgoing is SMTP.comcast.net....I've tried removing and readding.....changing the passwords.....nothing works to send other then the yahoo
Email Expert

OK so you're set up to use POP3.  What are the other settings like port numbers, do you have SSL enabled for both incoming and outging servers etc.  Here's the settings for an iPhone.  They should be the same as an iPad.

iPhone 5 Settings

Keep in mind-----iOS will detect the Comcast account as IMAP compliant by default now.  So if you want to keep using POP3, you will have to "trick" iOS by deliberately entering an incorrect password, hitting Continue and let it try to validate the account.  Then it will come back in a few seconds and tell you to configure the account manually.  Then go ahead and select POP instead of IMAP, and proceed as before but this time put in the correct password.

They don't make it easy.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Ok I'll give this a shot and reply as soon as I can.....work and home life has just escalated into high gear Atm
Contributor

Nope that didn't work.....I entered in the wrong password for 10 tries it never asked me to manually configure the account and
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation