Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Email issues

New Poster

Email issues

I currently have 3 emails set up but for the past month I can only retrieve email from my Comcast account. My AOL and Gmail accounts come up as an "external account failure/system failure" pop up screen. Any ideas on what is happening here and how to fix it? Thanks!

Expert

Re: Email issues

Try deleting and then re-enabling the AOL and Gmail accounts.  See if that does it for you.

New Poster

Thanks for the reply!! I tried that and now it doesn't recognize my usernames or passwords. I even went directly to AOL and Gmail to reset the usernames and passwords and that still didn't fix the issue. I'm out of ideas now... I even tried contacting Comcast about this but they suggest that it's not their system that is causing the problem. It seems as if the Comcast (add email account) just isn't working.

Expert

After you change your AOL and Gmail credentials, delete them both from the Comcast "Add email account" feature.  Then try to enable them again from scratch.  I have five accounts in that email fetcher right now from Comcast, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com and Mail.com.  All of them work just fine.

Frequent Visitor

The problem is probably related to Comcast's inability to manage migration of servers.  I have had a very simular issue for two weeks now and, in spite of multiple tickets and having had many conversations with tier 3 support, have not had any movement on the issue.  

Quite madneing when even Comcast can verify the problem but cannot fix it.