Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email is not accessible for a large part of the US. Was it hacked, and when will it be fixed???

New Poster

Email is not accessible for a large part of the US. Was it hacked, and when will it be fixed???

Google search says Comcast was hacked,  email down throughout parts of the country.... map shows especially my area in the northeastern US.  What is being done to fix it and has our security been jeopardized?    Comcast needs to provide a substantial credit for this major inconvenience.

New Poster

email problems

Unable to access email in secondary user account (I can access the email in the primary user account just fine).  This is the 2nd day for this problem.  I have opened a trouble ticket but have heard nothing.  Anybody received a solution/work-around yet?

Email Expert

Re: Email is not accessible for a large part of the US. Was it hacked, and when will it be fixed???

kvnj wrote:

Google search says Comcast was hacked,  email down throughout parts of the country.... map shows especially my area in the northeastern US.  What is being done to fix it and has our security been jeopardized?    Comcast needs to provide a substantial credit for this major inconvenience.

Can you provide a link?  I can't find anything recent about it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

xfinity connect / email server issue

Hello,

For the past few days the comcast email /Xfinity connect has been very intermittent to down.

Different browsers, different computers.  You log in and the page does not take you to your inbox and loops 5 times back to the Xfinity home page.  At times, it works but other times it does not.

I am sure there is a company global ticket created on this 

Contributor

Re: xfinity connect / email server issue

same here it just redirects back to the homepage.it is only the webmail,windows 10 mail app and android app works fine,it is only the webmail.

New Poster

Email Doesn't Open After Sign In

After I sign in my email icon shows how many unread emails I have, I click on the icon, the screen switches and it's thinking & waiting, thinking & waiting then eventualy goes back to home screen without accessing my emails. It does it on my home desktop and work laptop and work desktop. I have email on my smart phone. I have internet connection.

New Poster

Having the same issue.  New mail system appreared two days ago. When I try to access mail, the system keeps reloading and sending you back to login screen.  Windows 10 user.  Chrome browser. 

Contributor

HelloPlz23 wrote:

Hello,

For the past few days the comcast email /Xfinity connect has been very intermittent to down.

Different browsers, different computers.  You log in and the page does not take you to your inbox and loops 5 times back to the Xfinity home page.  At times, it works but other times it does not.

I am sure there is a company global ticket created on this 

I have had this problem on and off for 3 days now. It is very frustrating to have to go through this all the time with the new version of email. This afternoon it also asked me to sign in on an entirely different screen again and then gave an unknown error and sent me back to the main Xfinity screen.

Regular Visitor

I can only access email on my phone.  No web mail access...when I try to log in the only thing that happens is ....'loading' 

Valued Contributor

Re: Email Doesn't Open After Sign In

I have been having this problem all day.  Sometimes I can get into my email, sometimes I'm it it and it goes down, but most of the time I can't access my email.

Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I did get to my inbox once today, but can't get back to it. My page doesn't redirect, just keeps trying to load. I've had the "new" email version for a few weeks now. This is not the first time I've had trouble loading, but this time is the longest-lasting -- several hours now.

Contributor

I've been having the same problem for hours. Sometimes I get in, most times I don't. This is on both my desktop and laptop. Though, I have been able to use my smartphone with the Comcast Connect App to get in and send and receive my emails

Contributor

Same issues here.

Fix this, Comcast!!!

Regular Visitor

have the same problem....got in early this morning but no go now

Regular Visitor

why is the exfinity server unabailable for email???????????

why is the exfinity server unabailable for email???????????

Frequent Visitor

Email

What's going on with the email server? Trying to access my email via a browser (and I've tried several), the server is either not available or just hangs trying to connect. There are few issues when I use a mobile device (iPhone or iPad), but online access appears to be hosed. In the future, it would be nice to have a brief message on the xfinity.com main page saying that there are currently problems with the email server. Just a suggestion. It should be noted that these problems have occurred only since the online email update over this past weekend.
Contributor

Email Problems Nationwide

Just talked to Comcast. Rep said this is a nationwide problem they've been working on for a good part of the day.

If it helps anyone out there, using a mobile device (i.e. smartphone, tablet) seems to work with the Xfinity Connect App. I have been receiving and sending emails with my smartphone this afternoon. I BCCd myself on outgoing emails and also sent myself a test email and have received them.

Regular Visitor

email will not load

When I log into my email it will not load any more. It just sits there blank?

Contributor

Re: Email is not accessible for a large part of the US. Was it hacked, and when will it be fixed???

This really is a *major* inconvenience...at least to me it is.   This kind of stuff happens WAY too often with this preposterous new email system.  It looks like another case of change without progress.   'Substantial credit'?  lol....don't hold your breath with this outfit.

Contributor

Latoque wrote:

kvnj wrote:

I talked to Comcast and they said they were aware of the problem. No mention of hacking. I am in the MidAtlantic and the problem has been ongoing since Feb 5 pm. They said after the problem was fixed they would have a 2nd tier technician call me back and that issue was caused by an upgrade. I have had the "new email" for about 3 months and it constantly has intermittent issues but this is the worst I have seen. Thank goodness I have my emails forwarded to a secondary non-Comcast account and can receive and send from there. I have posted several times since yesterday about this issue when I go back in after posting cannot find a place to find posts that I have made in the last several days. Any ideas on this?

Regular Visitor

Re: email will not load

Your not the only one, been that way for us since 12:00 pm today.

Regular Visitor

Slow Email

Does it take forever to load your Email since Comcast chaned it?

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

I am so tired of Comcast and their email issues.  Most of the day I have had no email.  It is very frustrating to say the least. 

Contributor

new web e-mail

I have been having trouble all day trying to get on my e-mail. It comes up saying not available, and other times it says maintenance working on it. What is going on? Still can not get on it. Help please.

New Poster

email

does email work ?   can not get in, have not been able to get in for a long time

N/A

email

ever since you changer you email system I t has become terrible takes too long to log on or I like now cant get on

New Poster

email problem 2 6 17

can't access eMail

Frequent Visitor

74 billion dollar company...don't you guys have bots that monitor these forums or something

Hello Comcast can you hear us

Frequent Visitor

only work-around is to use the xfinity app on your cell phone....tsk tsk

Valued Contributor

Re: Email Problems Nationwide

Thanks for the information.  It's good to know that they are working on it.

Regular Visitor

This happens a lot anymore...We keep paying for bad service.........

New Poster

email

Is anyone else having problems logging onto their email account on XFinity today (2-6-17)?

Regular Visitor

Ditto. Same here. Comcast really [sips/draws through a straw] at times.

Regular Visitor

Re: email

Yes, I have been having a problem with that since yesterday.  I have cleared my cache in Firefox and I even tried using Chrome and still I have the same problem.

New Poster

email

How do I find out if there is a general outage in my area.  Unable to access email all day but internet is working.

Email Expert

I have been unable to sign into the webmail UI since about 2 pm today.  However, I have the account enabled in Mac Mail on my desktop, and on my iPhone.  I can access with no problem in both.  So it's got to be the webmail interface.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

email how many having problem getting in read your email i am lucky once week

email getting run around like me.it bad enough always problems with going out.and my phone to now .i real being hate this company better get the service back the way it was

Regular Contributor

Email Access Problem

I am not able to access my email on my Comcast XFINITY account. Others have reported the same problem in Maryland on SITEDOWN.CO.

Email Expert
Moved:

Contributor

yup...same here

Contributor

Re: email problem 2 6 17

same here

Contributor

agree..email out here for four days now.

New Poster

I cannot access my e-mails!!!!!! WHY?

You suggest that I e-mail when someone replies. HOW CAN I REPLY IF I DON'T HAVE MY E-MAILS?

Regular Visitor

email

I CANT ACCESS eMAIL AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Regular Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

It's been one day, and still no email access.  Not with Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Explorer, and whatever the heck program my Android phone uses.  So, Comcast ... ???

New Poster

We are also not able to access Comcast email.

Contributor

Re: I cannot access my e-mails!!!!!! WHY?

I could not access my e-mails either all day and I still can't. What is going on?

Problem Solver

Latoque wrote:

kvnj wrote:

Latoque, I found this link :   http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/news/107612-problems-at-comcast-2      

The other choices on the search were:    https://www.google.com/search?q=comcast+email+down+2%2F6%2F17&rlz=1C1KAFB_enUS539US547&oq=comcast+em...

I did a search for  comcast email down 2/6/17 

Hope this helps, ciao, bj

New Poster

Re: I cannot access my e-mails!!!!!! WHY?

Us either. I did a help chat a few hours ago and the agnet said it was a server issue and would be fixed within the hour. That was 2 hours ago. It has been going on for a few days.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Yep same problems as everyone else here today...AGAIN! Have only been able to get into my emails once all day today. Other than that it's nothing but error messages and watching the screen spin trying to connect. This is just inexcusable. To the one or two people that supposedly work for comcast, how about some answers to what these problems are?? Do you even know???? because I am guessing since this has been an ongoing problem for at least the past 4 months now that you must not know or simply do not care.

You ever wonder why there is so much hate for comcast out there? Well reasons such as this are why. You guys never actually help people when they have problems, your "techs" (if you can even call them that) NEVER has a real answer to a problem, and they NEVER call you back. Your "new & improved" upgrades are worse than most other technologies that have been around for years, and something as simple as emails never even seem to work. Here's an idea, rather than keep coming out with all these stupid gadgets like voice remotes and new boxes, how about first just getting the most basic things like email servers to ACTUALLY FUNCTION PROPERLY.

It's been nothing but three years of problem after problem after problem with you guys every since we signed up with you. We are flat out done with comcast in our household and have already made the decision when our contract is up shortly in a few months to go back to Wide Open West. At least with them everything works and they actually have something called customer service <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Flaming Remarks">

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats