Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email fonts & sizes - consistent when I compose but different when received!

New Poster

Email fonts & sizes - consistent when I compose but different when received!

I have the full fledged comcast email in a broswer application.  I run it on both Mac OS and Windows 10.  I always use the comcast app as my email client under safari, chrome, IE.

I notice that when I compose my email, all the fonts and sizes match.  I see that I can change them up/down or pick a different font.

HOWEVER, frequently when I receive my message back in the form of a reply where my original message is down below - what I wrote often looks wildly different.  Different fonts, different sizes, etc.  It concerns me that the appearance of my email in the receipients email client looks terrible and unprofessional because it does not match.  (I realize you can modify the font sizes of the original message when you reply back to someone but I'm certain that's not what is happening)

Can this be fixed?  Is my message actually appearing ok in the receipients client but somehow it's getting modified when it's replied back to me when viewed in my browser?  Why?

Email Expert

Re: Email fonts & sizes - consistent when I compose but different when received!

I've seen the same thing, not only with Comcast but with other email programs too.  When someone replies to an email you sent and their email program is set to leave the original message, it gets rendered by whatever the default is in that program.  In other words, your recipient's email is the controlling agent------not Comcast.  Not all email programs support all the same fonts.  So if you use one font to send, it may or may not be available in the other program.  Same with sizes-----a 12 point font in one program may be very different---larger or smaller------than in another program.  Some programs don't even use numbered sizes, but rather Small, Medium, Large, and so on.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation