Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email filters with this new email

Contributor

Email filters with this new email

So, I'm trying to get used to the new email.  I am still bothered by some annoying emails and I use filters to manage them.   MY filters performed rather well under the old system.  I am an old Unix coder so writing filters was pretty routine for me.  Under this new email system someone else has taken responsibility for writing filters using hints and suggestions that have no actual meaning to unix code.  I have a "Subject" that says: "Fwd: Today's Turning Point with David Jeremiah".  Your voluntary filter offers "Contains" (that text), and when that fails I filter for "Is exactly" (that text) and I filter for "Matches" (that text) and I even tried "Regex" **(that text)** but that email still gets through every day.  So your filters are a HUGE FAIL!  I want desperately to stop that email from showing up every day.  I could manage just fine if you would actually SHOW the email headers and I wouldn't have to rely on your obviously terrible leads.

Contributor

Re: Email filters with this new email

So, it has been three days since I posted this problem dealing with the "new" email filters.   I asked for help and not one of the Comcast experts has responded.  That's pretty sad if you ask me.   Any one of the "experts" could have acknowledged the problem, but NO.  Pretty sad guys.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation