Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email disappeared

Regular Visitor

Email disappeared

Hello,

As of 10 minutes ago, all myemail between now and 7/11/14 disappeared both from my mac and from the comcast server. New mail is coming in no problem, but everything before 10:23 am has disappeard. I have work emails I need to answer!

New Poster

Re: Email disappeared

I've had comcast mail for at least 10 years, but I've been having the same problem. I got a new iphone and tried to switch to the from POP/SMPT system to IMAP because things jammed up. apparently comcast had a system wide problem when they were doing an internal upgrade that affected many users. But when all the emails finally reloaded I learned I had close to 20,000 emails on comcast/xfinity server so it crashed my devices. Unfortunately to addrss this issue, your only choicd is to go through xfinity remote email and delete one email at a time. there is no way to save documents, attachments or emails that you need as records. Frankly there is no good way to manage email on xfinity.

Worse, there seems to be an intrinsic conflict among comcast/xfinity and apple devices.....my computer, ipad, iphone all having problems...Still acan't send emails using apple mail (which I want to use so I can add attachments and photos and manage and save important mail to my harddrive). It keeps getting worse. lots disappeared. feb 29 2016

New Poster

Re: Email disappeared

all of the email messages disappeared from my phone and pad, also nothing remaining on the server. I am using Microsoft Outlook 2016 to retrieve the mails on my desktop, but as most of us already know by now, no matter what your email will be deleted from your server.  I contact Outlook as well, but MS told me to contact webmail server.  Really don't know what to do

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation