Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email deletion

ANSWERED
New Poster

Email deletion

My e-mails are automatically deleted quite soon after they hit my inbox (within a week or two) even though I have my preferences set to "never" delete from the inbox.  I don't know how to fix this.  Suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Re: Email deletion

Do you have the account enabled on some other device like a smartphone or a tablet?  If so it may be downloading the emails and then deleting them from the server.  The settings in a mail app or a desktop client like Outlook, etc. will override your Comcast preferences.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Do you have the account enabled on some other device like a smartphone or a tablet?  If so it may be downloading the emails and then deleting them from the server.  The settings in a mail app or a desktop client like Outlook, etc. will override your Comcast preferences.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you so much!  I changed the setting on my iPhone, which was set to delete after one week.  Hopefully, that'll cure the problem.  Appreciate the help!

New Poster

I am having the same problem. My emails disappear without me doing anything. I have about a weeks worth of emails.

On my Comcast email it is set to NEVER delete any emails.

I cannot find a place on my iPhone to change the setting for when messages are deleted. 

New Poster

To change the deletion setting on your iPhone, go to Setting>Mail,Contacts, Calenders>(your account--gmail, etc.)>Advanced>Remove>Never (or whatever option you want).  Back out twice (until you are back at the Account screen) and tap "Done" to save the change.  I usually double  close Settings, then going back in the same way to make sure it ways "Never."

New Poster

I do not see an option for going to "Advanced" in my Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Thanks in advance for your help.

Email Expert

JW06 wrote:

I do not see an option for going to "Advanced" in my Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Thanks in advance for your help.

After "Mail, Contacts, Calendars",  click on "Account" for your Comcast account, then on the next screen scroll all the way down to "Advanced", and on the next screen scroll all the way down again.  You will see the port setting there.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation