Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email contacts compromised

New Poster

Email contacts compromised

I have deleted all my contacts in my comcast email yet, when I start composing a new mail and I click into the To field to type in the adressee the autofill begins to suggests email addresses that I had already deleted long time ago. Recently my comcast email was compromised because unknown entity started mailing in my name advertisements to people whose addresses used to be in my email address book. I concluded, after seeing the autofill still working that Comcast still has another copy of my addressbook and someone has gotten hold of it. I was told that Comcast has a subsiduary company, Zimbra, that also has Comcast email customers' contacts. I would like somebody at Comcast to have Zimbra delete all my contacts. Would a Comcast support staff let me know if they can delete all my contacts. Thank you, L

Email Expert

Re: Email contacts compromised

Assuming you are still on the old email format,  your address book is actually provided by a company called Plaxo.  They also provide the Calendar.  In the old format there are two copies of the address book; one for the Full version of Xfinity Connect, and one for the Lite version of it.  The Lite version is the "master" copy.  You can try to contact them directly at helpme@sv.comcast.com  Send them an email explaining your issue, including the url for this thread.  You can also access the address book directly at their website-----------------

https://www.plaxo.com/auth?secure=1

Just sign in with your Comcast credentials.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation