Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email blocking a sender

New Poster

Email blocking a sender

I have several email accounts with Comcast – Xfinity .I get my emails through a 2007 Microsoft office Outlook program.

I made the mistake of setting a small amount of money to a political campaign, from an online website that required my email or would not process.

They shared that email address with everybody in that party from the local level all over to the national level.

I get 25 emails a day. From their unsubscribe links within the email I have attempted To stop the emails. Even after doing that three times for each different sender, and waiting several weeks for any reduction, I see no reduction in their emails. So I have resorted to using The make a rule option In Outlook. Making a rule to dump the selected email automatically in the trash before it hits my inbox. This works fine but it doesn't solve my total problem.

I have a cell phone. I want to receive emails on my cell phone to be able to preview them for quick business callbacks. But I keep my business emails on the home computer In folders associated with clients. I do not want to see those junk emails trash emails even get through the xfinity filtering system.

How do I do that on Xfinity?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email blocking a sender

I would call:

Comcast Customer Security Assurance: 1-888-565-4329 (7 days a week from 6AM to 2PM ET), http://security.comcast.net/get-help/contact-comca​st-security.aspx.

Explain to them what you did and see if they can assist you.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation