Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email - Syncing Problems

New Poster

Email - Syncing Problems

I recently got a new cell phone - a Samsung Galaxy 5. This was at about the same time as I got a notice from Comcast about changing from POP servers to IMAP.  I don't know which is the cause of the problem, but . . .

I have email set up to come from Comcast.net to my cell phone, and also to my office computer which uses MS Outlook.  Previously, this was seamless -- I could look at an email on my cell phone and then delete it, and it would NOT be deleted from the Comcast server. Thus, when back in my office, I could open my email and nothing was missing.

Now, when I delete it from my cell phone, it is sent to the TRASH folder on the Comcast server, which means it doesn't download to my office computer.  I have tested to see if it makes a difference whether or not I had read the email before deleting, and it seems to make no difference.

How can I removed emails from my cell phone without deleting them from the Comcast server?  And please don't ask me to explain why I want this . . . or tell me that "most people" would want what I don't want!

New Poster

Re: Email - Syncing Problems

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation