New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email Question Re: Two Comcast Accounts

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Email Question Re: Two Comcast Accounts

Hi Everyone..

Wondering if you can help me with the following...

Currently have two homes with two separate Comcast accounts and emails associated with each...

Account #1 Home has Triple Play

Email address is (as an example) johnandjanedoe@comcast.net

Account #2 Home has Internet & TV (no voice)

Email address is jandjdoe@comcast.net 

Account #1 Home is going to be sold in the near future so at some point I will be returning the equipment and closing the account...but when that happens, I want to be able to keep that email address from Home #1 as my main email (I've had it for many years and don't want to lose it) but attach it to home number #2 and make it the primary email for that account. 

Am I able to do this...if so, how would I accomplish that?

Thank you for your help...I appreciate it.

Accepted Solution

Re: Email Question Re: Two Comcast Accounts

I hate to say this but-------you will need to get on the phone with Comcast to do this.  There is no way to do it online.  You can start with Comcast security and go from there----------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

View answer in context
Email Expert

I hate to say this but-------you will need to get on the phone with Comcast to do this.  There is no way to do it online.  You can start with Comcast security and go from there----------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Latoque, for taking the time to respond...I dread having to call but I will hope for the best.

Frequent Visitor

Just wanted to follow up...I called the number you provided and the Customer Rep was very helpful and the process was painless. Thanks for the guidance, Latoque...appreciate it!

Regular Visitor

Wondering if you have had any difficulties since completing this process? I did the same when we moved several months ago and now am having difficulty with email senders receiving bounce back notifications when in fact they are going through.

Regular Visitor

Unfotunately,it is not as simple as the 'solution' makes it seem.  After six phone calls, each 2+ hours long, over a week so far, my issues surrounding lack of access to my account are NOT resolved. Funny way to show appreciation to a loyal customer who  recently upgraded two active accounts.  Anyway, this solution failed first, and all subsequent attempts by Comcast Techs only made the problem more complex; it is almost comical except I am at risk of losing control of one account (not funny). I read the forums and know that others have experienced an account linkage problem. However, I seemed to be the only one with two active accounts until I saw this thread. Any recent solution attempts? Sure would like to know someone is working the problem. Comcast personnel rarely make a strong effort to keep me in the loop, even if my problem has been escalated (where to, I wonder.)  Any advice or guidance from anyone will be greatly appreciated

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I guess I should consider myself lucky that the Comcast Rep. I spoke with was able to do this for me successfully. I have not had any issues to date and I hope that continues. 

Sorry to hear what you have been going through...frustrating probably doesn't even cut it. I wish I could provide more insight...maybe one of the Comcast folks on here can help??

Email Expert

xyris459 wrote:

Unfotunately,it is not as simple as the 'solution' makes it seem.  After six phone calls, each 2+ hours long, over a week so far, my issues surrounding lack of access to my account are NOT resolved. Funny way to show appreciation to a loyal customer who  recently upgraded two active accounts.  Anyway, this solution failed first, and all subsequent attempts by Comcast Techs only made the problem more complex; it is almost comical except I am at risk of losing control of one account (not funny). I read the forums and know that others have experienced an account linkage problem. However, I seemed to be the only one with two active accounts until I saw this thread. Any recent solution attempts? Sure would like to know someone is working the problem. Comcast personnel rarely make a strong effort to keep me in the loop, even if my problem has been escalated (where to, I wonder.)  Any advice or guidance from anyone will be greatly appreciated

I'm going to escalate this thread to the forum administrator level to see if we can get someone else to look at your accounts.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi xyris459, I will send you a private message to assist with the linking issue.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Email Expert

Thanks for the quick response Phil.  Especially on a holiday weekend.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

No problem at all Latoque, I am here to help!

Thank you for reporting! 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation