Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email Login using Explorer 11

Frequent Visitor

Email Login using Explorer 11

Starting Sunday I can no longer login using Explorer 11. I am running windows 10 with Explorer 11. When I get the login page I enter my username and password, when hit login I get the home page not my email folders.  Why is this an issue now? I have been tunning windows 10 for months with no issues. Customer support was no help other than suggesting I try a different browser and I can get access using Google Chrome. I do not have any other problems using Explorer 11 and I belive it is a Comcast issue. What can I do to resolve this issue using Explorer 11 which I prefer? Thanks

Email Expert

Re: Email Login using Explorer 11

Try clearing out your  cache/browsing history in IE-11, then close it out and re-start it in a fresh session.  If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi, Didn't work, same problem

Email Expert

OK then you need to talk to the system Administrator or IT person where you work.  Something else is going on, maybe with a firewall issue or something like that.  Do you have a smartphone with you at work?  Can you access the account OK using that?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Since I am retired Tech Support not available, I thought that is what Comcast provides? You may be right that is something other than Comcast yet I do not have a problem with all the other site using Explorer 11. I suspect it is a Comcast problem since it is Comcast that directs me back to the home page after I login instead of to my email account. Why would it do that? I assume it is in your code that it detects an issue and it routes back to the home page.   

Frequent Visitor

I resolved the issue by removing the Comcast Web Page from my trusted sites since then no problems. This resolved the issue but I have no idea why other than Comcast made a change that caused Explorer 11 not to connect to Comcast email.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation